Hard drive caddy P/N

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
June 29, 2004 4:41:04 AM

Does anyone know the P/N of the caddy that is used to mount a 2d HD in
the Thinkpad Ultrabay 2000 bay? I realize that the HD _could_ be
mounted without the caddy, but I'm looking for the proper P/N, and
can't seem to find it in the HMMs.

More about : hard drive caddy

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 29, 2004 5:49:32 AM

j@earthlink writes:
> Does anyone know the P/N of the caddy that is used to mount a 2d HD in
> the Thinkpad Ultrabay 2000 bay? I realize that the HD _could_ be
> mounted without the caddy, but I'm looking for the proper P/N, and
> can't seem to find it in the HMMs.

The instruction manual for mine says "Part Number: 31P7017" on the
back cover. However, I'm not certain whether that's the part number
for the HDD adapter, or the part number for the instruction manual.

I assume you're talking about the Ultrabay 2nd HDD adapter (i.e. the
enclosure that slides into the Ultrabay). The disk itself goes into a
little bracket that mounts in the adapter.

Thinkpads.com sells this stuff, by the way.
June 29, 2004 10:30:08 AM

On 29 Jun 2004 01:49:32 -0700, Paul Rubin
<http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid&gt; wrote:

>j@earthlink writes:
>> Does anyone know the P/N of the caddy that is used to mount a 2d HD in
>> the Thinkpad Ultrabay 2000 bay? I realize that the HD _could_ be
>> mounted without the caddy, but I'm looking for the proper P/N, and
>> can't seem to find it in the HMMs.
>
>The instruction manual for mine says "Part Number: 31P7017" on the
>back cover. However, I'm not certain whether that's the part number
>for the HDD adapter, or the part number for the instruction manual.
>
>I assume you're talking about the Ultrabay 2nd HDD adapter (i.e. the
>enclosure that slides into the Ultrabay). The disk itself goes into a
>little bracket that mounts in the adapter.

I'm trying to get the P/N of the bracket. (thin metal with perforated
hole pattern, plus tabs with holes through which screws secure the
HD).
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 29, 2004 10:40:25 AM

> > > Does anyone know the P/N of the caddy that is used to mount a
> > > 2d HD in the Thinkpad Ultrabay 2000 bay? I realize that the
> > > HD _could_ be mounted without the caddy, but I'm looking for
> > > the proper P/N, and can't seem to find it in the HMMs.
>
> I'm trying to get the P/N of the bracket. (thin metal with perforated
> hole pattern, plus tabs with holes through which screws secure the
> HD).

I've never seen a part number for this part. It's not in the HMM because
it's not an FRU (Field Replaceable Unit). IBM doesn't sell bare hard drives
and brackets separately.

Bill Morrow is one of the only sources for this bracket:

http://www.thinkpads.com/prod04.htm

-Mike
!