XFX Warrantee misleading - have you been burned too?

My question; Have you ever purchased an XFX product and failed to register in time for the lifetime

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

steve0622

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
I bought 3 XFX 8800GTS cards in 2007. I bought them because of their high ratings and lifetime warrantee. I believe you get what you pay for (normally). Recently 1 of the cards died (fuzzy output, unrecognized by computer). I registered and placed a support ticket in with XFX. They are rufusing to honor the warrantee because I didn't register within 30 days. I went back and looked at the invoices from Newegg, the box and the documentation and no mention of registration requirements. Everything I needed was in the box, why go to the website to search for the unknown. The only reason a company does that is to try and screw someone out of warrantee coverage. That is misleading and I will never buy from them again!

I'm pretty sure I didn't register my XFX card. I'm disappointed in them for not making the requirement more clear. I remember Ultra would put in bold 'Lifetime if Registered, 3 years otherwise'.

avenger386

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
...i read the warranty terms, since that's always a good idea...

you need to register within 30 days to have a lifetime warranty, if you sell to a second person they need to register within 90 days for their lifetime warranty... if card isn't registered within 30 days you STILL get a 1 year warranty

i just ordered a retail XFX 5770 and no where does it even mention the warranty on the packaging or in the box, so if you saw it in a store you would assume there's no warranty. In this case it was probably NEWEGG advertising that you saw.

But even so many manufacturers require you to register their products for warranty (it's a common practice).

It's hard to say it's misleading if you don't read the terms and conditions.. it's marketing, you could say everything is misleading especially those "Free" offers

steve0622

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Lesson learned. I will check warranty requirements more closely now. I just bought the replacement for the card that died. A BFG card that is. Right in the package was a nice bright warning to register within 30 days to be eligible for the lifetime warranty. That is the type of company I will now support.

andy5174

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009

Very well said!

Photron

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008

I had the same run around, but for a rebate..it is therefor obvious that XFX is intentionally cheating people out of money and as this is undeniable and seems to be their normal buisiness procedure...then what about the quality of the parts that they use for their cards and mobo's...I won't take another chance on them again especially since there are so many others to choose from..and just so there's no mistake about what happened..
I bought a 8600XXX card from them just a little more than 1 year ago (incidentally, the fan can't be turned off except by turning the computer completely off..no log off or sleep will shut it off) and NO rebate paperwork was in the box with it even though it was on rebate...then I went on-line to get the paperwork and in it, it said to download the rebate form, which I did...but then it said to "peal off the adress sticker from the rebate form and place it on the envelope to send in the rebate"...they don't have a "peal off" sticker on a downloaded form...
so I clearly wrote the address on the envelope and it came back with "unacceptable address" on the outside of the envelope with not enough time left to mail them a request to send me a rebate form and send it back in time to get my rebate..how unfortunate !!! cow manuer !!! ...how convenient...

Photron

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
I understand that the cards are already in the warehouses when they put them on rebare so how could they already have the forms in the box, but it would take someone who had the morals of an alley cat to not comprehend that downloads don't have stickers on them...that was completely intentional...