Newegg has 5850s in stock

nitros85

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
I was lucky enough to stumble upon $309 (including shipping) DIAMOND 5850's on Amazon.com.

Two actually. I immediately clicked add both to cart but by the time I finished checkout, one had sold.

I was bummed, wanting 2 of the SAME designer cards. I dont like nor wanted a HIS 5850 for $315 + shipping on newegg, but that was all they sold all day.

Then when I went to buy the HIS, I stumbled upon a DIAMOND for only $305, and got it for $317 with shipping.

I'm happy. Although I dislike ATI, Nvidia's greedy prices and inability to release the 300 series on time really gave me no other choice. I love Nvidia more, and dislike ATI, but ATI gets my business bc they're just plain better at... business. Even if their drivers and programmers suck.

gonintendo

Distinguished
May 17, 2009

Believe me, you will love ati. I had a 6600 and an 8800 and I had nothing but problems. luckily evga rocks and helped out alot. I have had 2 4850s one of which I sold on ebay, the other is currently on ebay. No issues at all. I have never used sli, but i heard that its really buggy in some games. crossfire gave me no issues at all. just plugged both cards in and that was it