System specs:

CPU: i5 3570k
MoBo: Asus Sabertooth Z77
GPU: EVGA 670 Superclock
RAM: 16gb Ripjaw X 8cas
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128gb
PSU: Corsair TX850
FAN: Noctua NH-D14

So I want to overclock, but I've never done it before.

My first question is, is my motherboard software already overclocking for me? According to the Asus software, the cpu is running at about 4.2, but I understood it to run stock at 3.4. Please see the screenshot.

My second question is, if the software is not auto-overclocking, does it have the capability to overclock from the desktop? There does appear to be settings for this kind of thing.

My final question is, if the above to questions were completely noobish, where can I find a good guide on overclocking my cpu with my bios?

Thanks for any help.

More about : noob

a b K Overclocking
May 28, 2012 3:27:14 AM

bro set xmp for ram and set your turbo mode to 4.2 for the processor in the bios see the toms guide if u want
m
l
May 29, 2012 3:59:43 PM

See overclocking depends on entire PC .. each time have its unique feature ..

Set your rams to dim 1 and dim 2 and so on .. then you need to google about your rams which case latency order is best for Over clocking

now change the default frequency of your rams and set them to highest range

Check the hard disk is in 1st preferred slot .. since they work fast on these first slots

Check the PSU whether the power is sufficient or not

Check every thing and set them to best configurations

and finally turn on your OC button on your motherboard .. check the heat produced by your pc now .. if it is bearable then you can easily work ... else stop and try again changing your settings
m
l
!