Need Solution

June 11, 2012 11:41:02 PM

Hello, my computer details is given below.
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name PC1
System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion
System Model KE493AA-ABV dx2290MT
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13 GenuineIntel ~2000 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 5.23, 22/01/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
User Name PC1\user
Time Zone Bangladesh Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 679.02 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 2.39 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Everytime whenever I start my computer an errors displays in the screen as "CPU Fan Has Failed! PC will automatically power down in a few seconds. Service the PC immediately to prevent damage to the PC"

Fan and CMOS battery is okay. No BIOS information is available to change. No hardward monitor is available. Please help how can I have a solution.

I have found a solution from a guy and another problem starts again. Now everytime I have to press f2 to run my computer. I dont want to press f2 . I wish to have a helping hand from a kind guy. Please help.

More about : solution

June 22, 2012 2:39:59 PM

If the fan is actually running fine, is it plugged in properly? Have you tried to reset the BIOS to defaults (unplug from power, remove CMOS battery for 15 seconds), can try doing a BIOS update from the vendor also.
0
July 3, 2012 9:04:50 AM

Thanks a lot for your reply. The fan is properly plugged in. I removed CMOS battery for nearly ten munites and default setting is smoothly done. BIOS update is not available from the vendor i.e. from HP for windows XP but windows vista and windows 7. No hardware monitor is found in my BIOS information so as I can disable monitoring such wrong message. I spared no efforts with my little knowledge. Please suggest.
0
July 3, 2012 1:29:30 PM

You can try to replace the fan, but it could also be that the sensor has failed. Check the BIOS to see if you can disable the warning.
0
July 3, 2012 4:01:32 PM

Thanks for your reply. I replaced the CPU fan and resulted same. I tried as much as I could with BIOS. May be, hardware monitor (system monitor) installation will be last option from where I can disable the warning. But how? Hardware monitor is to be installed from vendor for windows vista (32bit) and windows 7, but not XP. Can I upgrade my system from XP to Vista? Will it cause any malfunctioning or system crashing? Will it be possible to return back to XP again if trouble creates? Please comment.
0
July 3, 2012 4:10:54 PM

If the message is coming from before Windows starts, software you install in Windows won't change anything. Sounds like this is coming from the BIOS not Windows.
0
July 11, 2012 5:44:43 PM

hang-the-9 said:
If the message is coming from before Windows starts, software you install in Windows won't change anything. Sounds like this is coming from the BIOS not Windows.

I have got a true guidance from HP Technical Engineer. The letter from HP is enclosed herewith, but I confuse which one I shall install first, Vista or BIOS? Any help would be appreciated.

The letter is :

wahid qureisy
<qureisy@yahoo.com> Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 7:14 PM
To: "qurisy@gmail.com" <qurisy@gmail.com>
Cc: "qurisy@yahoo.com" <qurisy@yahoo.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original