Sign in with
Your question

Need Solution

Last response: in Windows XP
June 11, 2012 11:41:02 PM

Hello, my computer details is given below.
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name PC1
System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion
System Model KE493AA-ABV dx2290MT
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13 GenuineIntel ~2000 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 5.23, 22/01/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
User Name PC1\user
Time Zone Bangladesh Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 679.02 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 2.39 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Everytime whenever I start my computer an errors displays in the screen as "CPU Fan Has Failed! PC will automatically power down in a few seconds. Service the PC immediately to prevent damage to the PC"

Fan and CMOS battery is okay. No BIOS information is available to change. No hardward monitor is available. Please help how can I have a solution.

I have found a solution from a guy and another problem starts again. Now everytime I have to press f2 to run my computer. I dont want to press f2 . I wish to have a helping hand from a kind guy. Please help.

More about : solution

June 22, 2012 2:39:59 PM

If the fan is actually running fine, is it plugged in properly? Have you tried to reset the BIOS to defaults (unplug from power, remove CMOS battery for 15 seconds), can try doing a BIOS update from the vendor also.
m
l
July 3, 2012 9:04:50 AM

Thanks a lot for your reply. The fan is properly plugged in. I removed CMOS battery for nearly ten munites and default setting is smoothly done. BIOS update is not available from the vendor i.e. from HP for windows XP but windows vista and windows 7. No hardware monitor is found in my BIOS information so as I can disable monitoring such wrong message. I spared no efforts with my little knowledge. Please suggest.
m
l
Related resources
July 3, 2012 1:29:30 PM

You can try to replace the fan, but it could also be that the sensor has failed. Check the BIOS to see if you can disable the warning.
m
l
July 3, 2012 4:01:32 PM

Thanks for your reply. I replaced the CPU fan and resulted same. I tried as much as I could with BIOS. May be, hardware monitor (system monitor) installation will be last option from where I can disable the warning. But how? Hardware monitor is to be installed from vendor for windows vista (32bit) and windows 7, but not XP. Can I upgrade my system from XP to Vista? Will it cause any malfunctioning or system crashing? Will it be possible to return back to XP again if trouble creates? Please comment.
m
l
July 3, 2012 4:10:54 PM

If the message is coming from before Windows starts, software you install in Windows won't change anything. Sounds like this is coming from the BIOS not Windows.
m
l
July 11, 2012 5:44:43 PM

hang-the-9 said:
If the message is coming from before Windows starts, software you install in Windows won't change anything. Sounds like this is coming from the BIOS not Windows.

I have got a true guidance from HP Technical Engineer. The letter from HP is enclosed herewith, but I confuse which one I shall install first, Vista or BIOS? Any help would be appreciated.

The letter is :

wahid qureisy
<qureisy@yahoo.com> Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 7:14 PM
To: "qurisy@gmail.com" <qurisy@gmail.com>
Cc: "qurisy@yahoo.com" <qurisy@yahoo.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: qureisy@yahoo.com
Sent: Saturday, July 7, 2012 3:25 AM
Subject: HP Compaq dx2290 Microtower PC Email Support <<#27665260#>>

Thank you for contacting Hewlett-Packard.

This is in response to your e-mail regarding the HP Compaq dx2290 Microtower PC.

Hello Qureisy,

Thank you for contacting HP e-Solutions.

This email is in response to the incident ID 27665260 regarding your unit, HP Compaq dx2290 MT Desktop PC.

I understand from your e-mail that you get a message saying ‘CPU’ Fan Has Failed. You have also mentioned that cleaning the CPU and changing the Fan has not resolved the issue.

I certainly understand the situation you are experiencing and how important it is for you to get it resolved.

Qureisy, considering your request, I can provide you the BIOS update for the unit; however, let me bring the following information to your notice:

The above referred model has not been tested or supported for Windows XP. The model has been supported only for Windows Vista. Therefore, I would suggest you to install Window Vista Business 32 bit on the unit. You may download and update the BIOS for the unit from the web link below:
945GCT-HM Motherboard BIOS Update:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Softwa...

In case the issue still persists, please contact the HP Support in Bangladesh to get the unit repaired. Since, HP does not have direct Support Center in Bangladesh, please contact the HP Service Center in Bangladesh:
http://h20158.www2.hp.com/gms/bd/en/sixth-tab.html

Please be informed that we are from the HP North America Technical Support Team. For regions outside US and Canada we have options, only to provide assistance on troubleshooting the technical issues. For any repair/service or replacement of parts and accessories, please contact your regional HP Support. We do not have option to ship any part or pick the unit for service from other regions.

I am sure the above details should help you in resolving the issue.

Once again, thank you for contacting HP e-Solutions and have a wonderful day.

Regards

Siva
Technical Support Engineer – HP e-Solutions

NOTE: Our advice is strictly limited to the question(s) asked and is based on the information provided to us. Problems and solutions may depend on the nature of your system environment and various other parameters that are unknown to HP; therefore, HP cannot assume any responsibility or liability. Hewlett-Packard shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages in connection with the use of this information.

Sincerely,

HP Email Support

m
l
July 17, 2012 2:47:32 PM

That message sounds like it's coming before Windows starts, is that the case? Do you see it from the BIOS startup screen? If yes, does not matter what runs after that. If it's a BIOS error, does not matter what you install for an operating system, the message comes from the BIOS and how it reads the motherboard fan sensor.
m
l
July 26, 2012 11:36:23 PM

hang-the-9 said:
That message sounds like it's coming before Windows starts, is that the case? Do you see it from the BIOS startup screen? If yes, does not matter what runs after that. If it's a BIOS error, does not matter what you install for an operating system, the message comes from the BIOS and how it reads the motherboard fan sensor.

BIOS update is not possible as HP stopped it for operating system WINDOWS XP. Update is for windows 7 and vista. Thanks.
m
l
!