Apevia X-Master case and Corsair H50 compatability

bgaviator1

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
I am building a HTPC and have an Apevia X-master case waiting to go....however, I am not sure if I will be able to use the Corsair H50 in it has it appears this case only has 120mm fan ports on the left and right side, and not in the back. Can I mount the fan on the side, or will there be no room with the processor?

I am just half tempted to buy a standard mid-tower case. I wanted a HTPC case that would lay horizontally in an entertainment system, but the design of it seems like it's just going to be difficult to work with.

Here is a link for the case I'm using. As you can see, it has two 80 mm fans in the rear where normally the 120mm fan would go....however, it has two 120mm fan ports on the left and right side... I am unsure if there will be clearance for the H50 tubes and the AM3 955 processor if I have to mount it on that right side.
http://www.apevia.com/ProductsInfo.asp?KEY=X-Master-BK/500

bgaviator1

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
It wasn't for noise issues, I am just planning ahead for the future. I don't have an HD TV yet, but it seems most of the stands for these TVs only have slimmer shelves to hold components. I wanted something that would lay horizontal, but now I've already gone ahead and scrapped the Apevia idea and bought a Cooler Master mid tower case. I guess I'll just try to hide it behind the TV, or just sit it on the floor beside the entertainment unit when that day comes.