nishanth2050

Distinguished
May 29, 2011
Hello,
i have an amd phenom ii x4 955 black edition processor. I am from India. now here in western india local temperature is above 44.

my pc is getting too hot when i play games and work with 3ds max or maya. now my pc is unstable and crashing frequently due to high temperature.

how can i disable or under clock my pc? i want to fix it at 3.2 ghz or less. what would be the best clock speed and multiplier?

please help. i don't know much about over clocking

Solution
Yes buy a aftermarket cooler like a Coolermaster Hyper 212 or EVO.

You may also need to upgrade your case cooling fans to get more airflow through your pc.

What you need is a good aftermarket CPU cooling solution instead of the stock AMD heat sink, and have you inspected and cleaned the dust bunnies out of the machine?

I'm not sure what's available in India, but something as cheap and simple as a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ runs circles cooling over the stock AMD heat sink, I surely wouldn't want to loose any of my stock performance under clocking and still possibly run hot.

If you could supply a store link you would use, I'll gladly point you in the cheapest right direction?

Good catch geekapproved! ;)

Yes the case cooling fans could also be your problem, no matter how good the CPU cooler is, if it's starving for fresh air, it cannot perform the cooling you need in your hotter environment.