Asus p5w wont boot memory

G

Hello there,

I just bought 4gb (2x2GB) HP Low Power DDR2 ram 667MHz/PC2-5300

My system (win xp sp3 32bit) wont boot with the new memory.
I tried it with one 2gb modul, and tried every slot combination I could think of.

When I try to boot nothing appears on the screen/monitor; (not even the asus logo) and the pc speaker starts beeping.
Al MB settings are set to auto. Memory remap is disabled.

I want to change to a 64 bit win 7 os. But first want the ram to work before starting a fresh os install.
If someone has a solutions how I (/you) can get the p5w to recognize my new ram please let me know.

with best regards,

Bart

bigj1985

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
Ok well were you using different ram b4 you went and bought the new ram or is this the first time you are putting memory into the system?? If your board is throwing out beeps at you look in the manual that came with your motherboard as this will tell you what these sequences of beeps mean. Also make sure that your ram is seated correctly all the way in the slot and also make sure you are putting the dimms in the correct slots on your board. These are usually color coded. Blue with blue black with black etc etc. Also what type of system r you using as this info would also help everyone to help you. Hope you figure everything out bud but it kinda sounds to me that you either dont have your ram fully seated in the socket or you have them in the wrong slots.