Havinard time resetting my cmos

cmaki2008

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/t-series/introduction.php?S_ID=395
I have the above motherboard a biostar 790gx a3+
I previsiously had 2 5770s installed and onboard video turned off but now i'm waiting on a 5870 and I want to use my onboard video.
Problem is even if remove the battery off the motherboard for 5 mins then put it back in it still remembers everything..
So I took it a step further I unplugged the cpu pulled it up on a seat and used the jumpers to reset the cmos and this didn't work.

On page 17 of the manual (the one for the motherboard not the bios)
it says
※ Clear CMOS Procedures:
1. Remove AC power line.
2. Set the jumper to “Pin 2-3 close”.
3. Wait for five seconds.
4. Set the jumper to “Pin 1-2 close”.
5. Power on the AC.
6. Reset your desired password or clear the CMOS data.

Now ive never done this before so I assume when it says remove ac power line that they just ment unplug it from the wall correct?

what am I doing wrong I just want my onboard to ride me through neweggs slow ass packing process omg they are gonna take the whole 2 days lolz =/
I got a acer h233h monitor im wonder if this could be the culprit? but it was working with the cpu before.

Solution
Most motherboards with on-board graphics will automatically sense the presence of a video card and disable the on-board graphics.

Try unplugging the power, pulling the battery, switching the jumper, and waiting overnight to see if you have reset the BIOS.

cmaki2008

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
lol jeezy just tried reseting the jumpers again nada, im thinking because it has a dvi and a vga port in the back maybe it wants a vga plugged in but i did that on the try a while ago i'm so frustrated not sure if i want to bother doing it again lol

Most motherboards with on-board graphics will automatically sense the presence of a video card and disable the on-board graphics.

Try unplugging the power, pulling the battery, switching the jumper, and waiting overnight to see if you have reset the BIOS.

Solution