Sign in with
Your question

Failure of XP to load completly

Last response: in Components
February 14, 2010 10:08:46 AM

Hello, I have not been able to complete installation of Windows XP. After booting from CD and all the drivers are loaded to Windows folders,then at the first reboot we repeat the same process all over again. ie unable to get past this part of install.
I also think I have made matters worse in my continued efforts to get around this problem,as now I have noticed the message - IDE Master Disk HDD - S.M.A.R.T Capability Disabled.
Is there away around this problem?

More about : failure load completly

February 14, 2010 11:26:13 AM

When windows XP re-boots back to the BIOS test stage the screen should show "boot from CD - press any key" - do not press anything as doing so will make your PC re-start the install process.

m
l
February 14, 2010 3:14:00 PM

Which motherboard and power supply do you have? There was a compatibility issue recently that prevented Windows XP from loading completely.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 14, 2010 8:54:55 PM

ulysses35 said:
When windows XP re-boots back to the BIOS test stage the screen should show "boot from CD - press any key" - do not press anything as doing so will make your PC re-start the install process.

The problem is of a more serious nature,suspect something to do with the Bios set up.
m
l
February 14, 2010 8:59:25 PM

JohnnyLucky said:
Which motherboard and power supply do you have? There was a compatibility issue recently that prevented Windows XP from loading completely.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte K8 Series 939 pin and the power supply 400w. Doubt if a problem here, as have been using this set up for the last three years.
m
l
February 14, 2010 9:04:32 PM

two main things which would stop an os loading..

hard disk problem, or ram.
m
l
February 14, 2010 10:31:27 PM

OK! Just checking. You never know.
m
l
February 14, 2010 11:52:18 PM

JohnnyLucky said:
OK! Just checking. You never know.

Thank you
m