Mem Led lights continuosly on M4A89GTD PRO

abdu3000

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
The memory test LED lights continuously even after the memok test. Does this mean the memory is not compatible with the motherboard? The MB doesn't output video from the onboard video so I have no way to know what's going on.

I am using Super Talent W1333RX12G memory. I tested with one and two 4GB sticks. The manual doesn't list any 4GB 1333 from approved vendors. Anyone knows if this memory is compatible with the MB?

suat

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Approved Vendors List (what Asus call QVL) is not updated as often. Therefore, new RAM modules are not listed, but that does not mean they are not compatible. But M/B should be able to accept 4GB RAM modules in each slot.

If you are sure you have seated the modules properly, then you must try manual settings in BIOS, increasing voltages, decreasing timings, etc.

By the way, I could not find info (especially technical specs) on your RAM modules. Pls post a link or type the details.

suat

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Can you give us details of the RAM, timings, voltages, etc. or the link to the specifications as I asked earlier. Please also tell us if the M/B accepts 4 GB modules and the max voltage for RAM modules.

suat

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
In the link for your RAM modules, I could not find your RAM modules listed. The closest RAM modules are W1333RX24G and W1333RX6G. By the way, they are for Server systems and most probably buffered.

According to your M/B manual (page 2-11, section 2.4.2), you must use unbuffered ECC or non-ECC RAM modules comprising of chips greater than 512 Mb. You cannot use buffered RAM.

Therefore, I suggest you should e-mail Super-Talent to ask if your RAM modules comply with

Memory type: Unbuffered ECC or non-ECC
Chip configuration: This motherboard does not support DIMMs made up of 512
Mb (64 MB) chips or less.

I am sorry I cannot be of further help.