Jewish Zombie

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
My computer currently does nothing when I press the power button and I'd appreciate the help in diagnosing the problem. A couple of days ago I was plugging something in in the back of the computer when I bumped the case and it started making this clicking sound every few seconds. A minute or so later it froze so I restarted it. It started up with a kind of weird screen, it said something about reinitializing a drive. It froze again while trying to start up and then after that when I hit the power nothing at all happens.

I thought it might be a hard drive failure but I tested all of my hds and they all seem to work. I'm not really sure what else to do at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

More information would be greatly appreciated, such as:
-system specs
-how old is the computer
-what is this "something" you were trying to plug into your computer
-exact error would help enormously (if you can remember it or more details)
-Tested all of your hard drives how?
-can you describe the clicking any better? are there any accompanying grinding noises?

It does sound like a problem with the hard drive. However, you said you tested them. But you didn't say how.

crazy359

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
The clicking sounds like a hard drive. But I do not see why It would not turn on because of hard drive. Try unplugging hardware 1 by 1 and see what is causing the trouble. Maybe a heat sink got loose?