All interal parts working but black screen?

G

Hello community! So ihave this problem and i was wondering if you guys can help me out. :] Okay so like i recently bought parts to upgrade my computer. When i put it all together, it was working perfectly, i was able to install windows and drivers. But then suddenly my computer froze and i had to restart it, only to find that i cant see anything. The screen is completely black but all the parts and fans were working. I have swapped motherboards/videocards and still, the black screen is still there with all parts functioning.

Old Specs/New Specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz/Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz
Video Card: EVGA 7900s/EVGA 9800GTX
Motherboard: ASUS P5L-MX/ASUS P5QPL-AM
Ram: 2 Corsair 1GB Sticks/2 Corsair 1GB Sticks

Please help me out guys, you dont know how upsetting it is to have a broken computer during winter break! >.< Thanks guys, ill definitely return the favor if can help. :] Thanks again.

r_manic

Administrator
You might have to reset your motherboard's CMOs, since you put in new parts. Also, what's your power supply? The 9800 represents a relatively huge leap in power capacity/stability requirements.

Hard Line

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
I would say if you switched motherboard ( which it does look like you did) that you need a fresh install of windows. whenever you replace motherboard. 9/10 times you have to reinstall

edit: also power supply brand and specs including amps on 12V rail will help us help you as well