Set up local network but now cannot login to XP

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Laptops
  • Login
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
June 12, 2012 7:49:06 PM

Trying to copy files from my home pc to my work laptop, I tried to set up a home network. I changed from the work domain to WORKGROUP and rebooted the computer. Now I cannot log in to XP at all.

More about : set local network login

June 12, 2012 8:57:41 PM

Unless you know the a valid username and password for the Laptop local accounts you will be reinstalling windows. Usually Administrator is the username but its anyone's guess at the password. I am pretty sure there is no way back.

You could see if you can get in safe mode and when it comes to login page press Ctrl = Alt + Del twice this may show you the local accounts on the machine and give you a chance. Maybe even use the username with no password.

Good luck
m
l
June 12, 2012 10:02:16 PM

I have the username & password that I was using earlier in the day. I also have the administrator username/password that worked while connected to the original network. None of those are working.
m
l
June 13, 2012 6:36:59 AM

No it needs to be the Password and Username setup on the PC not the ones that used to log in to the domain. Maybe you could whack a Windows disk in and then boot from that choose recovery console followed by a system restore back to a day before you changed it off the domain to get it back to how it was.
m
l
!