Sign in with
Your question

Is this a good water cooling kit for a noob?

Last response: in Components
February 14, 2010 10:47:40 PM

I was looking at some watercooling kits because I want to try to watercool my Core i7 860 but I didn't want to spend a lot a wanted one that was easy to assemble and everything.

I was thinking this:
GIGABYTE GH-WIU02 3D Galaxy II Liquid Cooling:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Can you tell me if this will keep my temps down and be easy enough for me. Thanks
February 15, 2010 12:32:42 AM

From my limited (well no) experience with water-cooling, there is no good water cooling kit for a "noob", because installing a water-cooling system is pretty advanced stuff. I myself would try to see what I can do with fans before even considering liquid-cooling.
m
l
February 15, 2010 12:59:22 AM

Well I'm pretty smart with computers and a bunchof people can help me too. I'm pretty sure i'd be able to do it.
m
l
Related resources
February 15, 2010 1:28:27 AM

There are plenty of of air coolers that are cheaper and will work just as well for your uses as a self described noob.
m
l
February 15, 2010 5:05:56 AM

If you are persistent in getting a noob watercooling kit (hey it's a free world)...I found you this,

;) 
m
l
February 15, 2010 11:05:42 AM

the radiator in that galaxy kit is way too small to do any serious overclocking. same for the h50. i actually owned the corsair h50 and i just switched over to a real water cooling system. If you want the h50 ive got it sitting next to me right now.
m
l
!