Want to overclock AMD Phenom II X4 810 on stock voltage

Never tried this kind of stuff, but I wanted to see how far I could push my Phenom II X4 810 without significantly shortening my CPU's life span. how far could i get it on stock cooling without adding extra voltage?at present it is AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 2600 MHz.
1. I've Zebronics PSU came bundled with Zebronics Bijli Cabinet.
2. I have Stock Heat Sink.
3. I've Zebronics Bijli Cabinet.

my pc config:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-JkW6Ay4JjjM/TdTHlg9rs7I/AAAAAAAAAbY/WDRTjssZWuk/s642/my+pc+config+updated.jpg

hwinfo32 Sensor Status

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-OJ5Jut8gZrA/T7dp3cZS_wI/AAAAAAAAAys/F0V5ftTp8S8/s466/1.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-P5A1np0uVqs/T7drkbISROI/AAAAAAAAAzI/JYgOAI0-x_0/s628/2.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-x1fb3fXpt-A/T7dryYsngfI/AAAAAAAAAzQ/ijrTA1nUYA4/s861/3.jpg

Anybody please suggest me what to do and in what possible ways to overclock my cpu.
9 answers Last reply
More about want overclock phenom stock voltage
  1. You will see a performance boost from some faster ram, that pic shows you at 400MHz, double that and its 800MHz,
    list full specs of ram please?
    aside from that, look in your bios screen, is there an option to change the multiplier at all?
    Moto
  2. Motopsychojdn said:
    You will see a performance boost from some faster ram, that pic shows you at 400MHz, double that and its 800MHz,
    list full specs of ram please?
    aside from that, look in your bios screen, is there an option to change the multiplier at all?
    Moto


    Full Specs of ram

    Piriform Speccy

    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-UAOG2Z3Mco4/T7nkSzImbtI/AAAAAAAAAzg/dE2Wr7zI2-Q/s640/2x2gb.jpg

    CPU-Z Memory

    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-KIq2ZhJqkN8/T7nkrBfhKjI/AAAAAAAAAzo/KN5_nhxaP3g/s412/cpu-z.jpg

    CPU-Z SPD (Slot-1)

    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-8Sw4i49bN-0/T7nk-a1cN0I/AAAAAAAAAzw/gVM1il-t32U/s412/cpu-z2.jpg

    CPU-Z SPD (Slot-2)

    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-YP92v3q1cRQ/T7nlUvDhNbI/AAAAAAAAAz4/5MfDxUkOcno/s411/spd%2520slot2.jpg

    I will check my bios screen, btw what is multiplier , I'm not very much aware of it :(
  3. Your ref clock will be 200, the multiplier increases that to give you your Cpu speed, for example, a ref clock of 200 with an X9 multi will give you a clockspeed of 1800MHz or 1.8GHz, the simplest form of overclocking for Amd chips is to increase the multiplier so if you upped that to say X12 your clockspeed would increase to 2400MHz or 2.4GHz
    I would very much recommend reading up on overclocking before you try making any changes
    but as I said before some faster ram will help as well, if not a new mobo with ddr3 support
    Moto
  4. Motopsychojdn said:
    Your ref clock will be 200, the multiplier increases that to give you your Cpu speed, for example, a ref clock of 200 with an X9 multi will give you a clockspeed of 1800MHz or 1.8GHz, the simplest form of overclocking for Amd chips is to increase the multiplier so if you upped that to say X12 your clockspeed would increase to 2400MHz or 2.4GHz
    I would very much recommend reading up on overclocking before you try making any changes
    but as I said before some faster ram will help as well, if not a new mobo with ddr3 support
    Moto


    Well I'll buy a new pc but at present can't afford that, are you recommending additional 2x2 gigs of DDR2 Ram?
  5. you have four Gb as it is, thats enough, but faster ram,
    if you bought new ram make sure it is ddr2 1066, not ddr2 800 as you currently have
    Moto
  6. Motopsychojdn said:
    you have four Gb as it is, thats enough, but faster ram,
    if you bought new ram make sure it is ddr2 1066, not ddr2 800 as you currently have
    Moto

    Well I'll gladly do that as I always wanted to upgrade rams, but will there be any compatibility or low performance issue for 2 x 2gb 800mhz+2 x 2gb 1066mhz? or should I change 4 of them to 4 x 2gb1066 mhz?
  7. If you add two faster sticks to two slower sticks, you will not see any benefit as the system will automatically run the faster ram at the slower speed, so that all four sticks are in sync,
    you need to replace all the sticks with the faster ram, so if you put two sticks of 2gb 1066mhz in, and leave the original 2 x 2gb 800mhz as well, you won't see much, if any boost,
    if you then remove the 800MHz sticks, you will notice a slight boost in performance because the ram is allowed to run at its full speed
    but best option here is to fill the slots with 4 x 2gb1066 mhz
    Moto
  8. Motopsychojdn said:
    If you add two faster sticks to two slower sticks, you will not see any benefit as the system will automatically run the faster ram at the slower speed, so that all four sticks are in sync,
    you need to replace all the sticks with the faster ram, so if you put two sticks of 2gb 1066mhz in, and leave the original 2 x 2gb 800mhz as well, you won't see much, if any boost,
    if you then remove the 800MHz sticks, you will notice a slight boost in performance because the ram is allowed to run at its full speed
    but best option here is to fill the slots with 4 x 2gb1066 mhz
    Moto


    I search both online and offline for 2gb ddr2 1066 mhz but they are not available :( instead 2gb 800 mhz are still in the market and beside I was told that even if I find a 1066 one it would cost me more than or around 3k, that means 12k altogether :( :(

    So if I add two 2 gb 800 mhz now do you think it will perform any better?
  9. extra ram is good whether its the faster stuff or not,
    you will still see a performance boost on programs with high ram usage
    Moto
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking AMD Phenom