Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Cant oc 7850

Last response: in Overclocking
May 21, 2012 3:43:38 AM

for some reason i can not overclock. I list the problem with each software that i have used
msi afterburner - slows my pc down alot when i open it and will even freeze it

sapphire trixx - says the temp sensor can not be found ( which is false since i can see my temps with gpu z) and on trixx it says my core clock and memory is at zero and wont let me change it

his i turbo - it used to work not anymore it says i have oced it but when i go to gpu z it stays at 860 and 1200

it says i changed the core clock and the memory on gpu z but when i go to sensors it shows that it has been 860 and 1200 through out my bf3 play through
my card -http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

thanks in advance

More about : 7850

May 21, 2012 5:13:56 AM

cost alot of money to ship and takes too long
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 110 K Overclocking
May 21, 2012 5:25:56 AM

Try EVGA Precision. http://www.evga.com/precision/

Edit: I don't KNOW that it will work, but it's worth a shot.

And I just read that Afterburner has problems with 7850's for some reason.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
May 21, 2012 5:46:13 AM

What happens when you use Cat. Cont. Cntr. If the card is defective, you can arrange a swap where you pay the factory cost of a new card and when they get yours back they credit return your payment. This way you are never without a running system.
m
l
May 21, 2012 10:51:48 AM

I'm sorry to hear that, another one I use for my Sapphire card is ASUS' GPU Tweak.. There's an option for voltages etc. (if your card supports such a feature).

I had problems with some software misreading temps and disabling some features, especially catalyst.. I would return it, yes it will take some time but you'll have a fully working card and your patience will be worth it in the end.
m
l
a c 125 U Graphics card
a c 125 K Overclocking
May 21, 2012 10:57:25 AM

You can't RMA a graphics card because it doesn't overclock.... the card was designed to run at its stock frequencies and it does, so its not faulty. If its less than 7 days old you may be able to DSR it.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
May 21, 2012 1:49:06 PM

Still no reply from the poster. Can you OC using Catalyst Control Center?
m
l
May 21, 2012 10:28:58 PM

Tried but but it went oc (1050 core 1225 memory) went for a second then went back to 860 and 1200

also same thing happend with the asus tweak
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
May 21, 2012 11:13:27 PM

andY biersack said:
Tried but but it went oc (1050 core 1225 memory) went for a second then went back to 860 and 1200

also same thing happend with the asus tweak

I would try the software directly from your manufacture; iTurbo.

http://www.hisdigital.com/us/download.shtml

They have some customized modes and presets on the page it looks like. That might allow you the flexibility you are looking for; keep in mind if you set it and it defaults back. That might be a sign of a Driver Failure. So it might not accept those Overclocking Frequencies. Hope that helps.
m
l
May 21, 2012 11:26:52 PM

GArrigotti said:
I would try the software directly from your manufacture; iTurbo.

http://www.hisdigital.com/us/download.shtml

They have some customized modes and presets on the page it looks like. That might allow you the flexibility you are looking for; keep in mind if you set it and it defaults back. That might be a sign of a Driver Failure. So it might not accept those Overclocking Frequencies. Hope that helps.

I have already tried his one it says i changed it on gpu z , but when i go to sensors , the highest core and memory clock was 860 and 1200 which is the orignal clock
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 110 K Overclocking
May 21, 2012 11:33:21 PM

It SHOULD OC correctly with iTurbo. I just did a Google search on it, and your post is the only thing that comes up that says there are problems. Strange indeed.

I tend to agree with GArrigotti that it may be a driver issue.
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
May 21, 2012 11:40:57 PM

andY biersack said:
I have already tried his one it says i changed it on gpu z , but when i go to sensors , the highest core and memory clock was 860 and 1200 which is the orignal clock

You may want to boot into Safe Mode; Remove Catalyst Control Center. Remove all the overclock software you downloaded; then uninstall the driver from your Graphics Card. Then download straight from HIS, driver and tuner. Or use Windows; let Microsoft find the best "driver" then install the HIS tuner.

Then try overclocking; if that doesn't work we can try and come up with other ideas.

Also be sure to remove all the Video Card configuration data from your user-profile's local settings; otherwise it may store faulty configuration data that your card may be trying to use.

Hope that helps. You have any other ideas Dj? That's the best one I've got based on the situation currently.
a b U Graphics card
a c 110 K Overclocking
May 21, 2012 11:42:38 PM

Nah, I think you covered it pretty well there.
m
l
May 22, 2012 12:13:24 AM

Best answer selected by andY biersack.
m
l
May 22, 2012 12:16:34 AM

GArrigotti said:
You may want to boot into Safe Mode; Remove Catalyst Control Center. Remove all the overclock software you downloaded; then uninstall the driver from your Graphics Card. Then download straight from HIS, driver and tuner. Or use Windows; let Microsoft find the best "driver" then install the HIS tuner.

Then try overclocking; if that doesn't work we can try and come up with other ideas.

Also be sure to remove all the Video Card configuration data from your user-profile's local settings; otherwise it may store faulty configuration data that your card may be trying to use.

Hope that helps. You have any other ideas Dj? That's the best one I've got based on the situation currently.

ill pick you as the best answer because im was thinking this too and this is probably the best suggestion and i have tried all of the oc software

i will message you if i still have problems also another question can i download the same drivers again maybe that will fix something .

thanks for everyone help
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
May 22, 2012 12:28:36 AM

andY biersack said:
ill pick you as the best answer because im was thinking this too and this is probably the best suggestion and i have tried all of the oc software

i will message you if i still have problems also another question can i download the same drivers again maybe that will fix something .

thanks for everyone help

Thank you for the vote, I'd re-download the entire driver's as if you've never had them. Just incase it's a faulty download, or some other unforeseen corruption. But let me know if that does or doesn't work; I'd be more then happy to help get you up and going.
m
l
!