I need opinions on this build.

ensign_dev

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Good Day,

I'll be helping out my cousin in buying her first computer tomorrow, but I'm not exactly sure if the specs I am planning to go with matches the purpose of the machine, well, the only thing they told me is that its only gonna be used for Browsing the web, and I assume, productivity apps as well. So here are the specs which I am planning to go with. I'm not really sure about some of the parts, so I would appreciate any suggestions too.

Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 (I know a Pentium Dual Core should be enough but... I'm just thinking that a C2D may be better when considering a long term investment)

MoBo : To be honest, I'm not sure which MoBo to Get

Memory : Initially I wrote 4GB (probably budget RAMS), but I'm actually thinking 2GB is more than enough for the purpose.

Video Card : Assuming my cousin decides to be a gamer (probably), I think the 9600GT should be good.

Hard Disk : Seagate 320GB

Monitor : I initially thought of the Samsung 2233SW, but I guess a smaller LCD should save some bucks.

Well that's about it for now.

Important notes:

1. This machine is going to be used by a 14 Year Old.
2. The budget is a bit tight.
3. I'm probably thinking too far ahead... Probably

BTW - If anyone remembers my old post about which video card to upgrade to from the NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT, I bought a Powercolor HD4770, and so far, so good. ^_^

Thanks to everyone.

nnas.jpg

This LCD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009166

dpaul8

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Batuchka -- That is an amazing $300 build that fits the stated needs of the poster. I am impressed with your knowledge of AMD systems, and your willingness to try to help. Excellent work!