Help me set up monitor as center

whatelsematters

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
I have a msi gd65 mobo and an older viewsonic 22" monitor with built in speakers, and i'd like to figure out if i can use the speakers as a center channel since my new monitor will also have them.

i've installed the realtek hd drivers from the mobo disc, i've un-muted the speakers on the monitor and plugged them into the "center/sub" output jack on the mobo. it's not working!

i've set up 5.1 in the realtek audio manager and made sure that vlc is in 5.1 playback mode.

any ideas?

r_manic

Administrator
I assume you've tried plugging in the monitor into another audio output device, to make sure there's no issue with your display's speakers?

In any case, you may also want to check if sound is actually coming out through your center/sub jack.

whatelsematters

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
yeah that's my problem, my center/sub jack isn't getting a signal to output. it's wired to the board and obviously not a hardware issue... there's almost certainly some checkbox in some menu somewhere that will solve my problem. until i find it, i'm SOL.

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
my realtek console has a checkbox to enable the center speaker on the main page also the center/sub jack would make your your monitor leftchannel as the center and the monitor right channel as a sub

TRENDING THREADS