Buy from amazon furstration-free hdd ?

VVac0

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
Hi,

So since the hdd prices are so high at the moment and i need a hdd, i found this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-HD103SJ-internal-SATAII-7200RPM/dp/B004J35JZ0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

The price is great, but im vorried about the " ? oem " stuff and amazon frustration-free packaging, i heard it's only cardbox and i could get a seriously damaged hdd.

Can any1 explain the oem thing and should i buy it or not, im a bit worried about getting a not working hdd.

Damn that price looks good compared to others!

Ty for any help

The difference is that OEM comes without any packaging and directions like you would get in a retail package , also the warrenty is strickley limited to shipping and the standard 30 days for defects. You don't get any tech support or sutomer service other than the store that is selling the item. These items are usually sold to computer builders that put together thier machines for sale , Dell , HP , Sony and so on. You provide your own tech support. This kind of thing works out ok for basic stuff like hard drives and dvd roms and power supplies but for cpu's , ram , motherboards and video cards it is probably better to have the retail item.