Sign in with
Your question

Phenom 2 925 O/Cing

Last response: in CPUs
February 15, 2010 12:29:30 AM

Heya, was just wondering how to get my CPU to maybe 3ghz, only running stock cooling so don't want to go too far. I'm a noob at O/Cing and don't really know the math behind the fsb x multiplier etc.

More about : phenom 925 cing

a b à CPUs
February 15, 2010 12:39:09 AM

You should have got an Intel CPU instead if you are noob at OCing, because there is no AMD OCing guide. :p 
m
l
February 15, 2010 1:14:14 AM

*sigh* Go away intel fanboy's. I got an AMD because that's the motherboard I have. (AM2+, supports AM3 with BIOS update).
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
February 15, 2010 1:19:31 AM

errrrr.... It was a joke man.

Anyway, you need to read the manual come with your MB on how to change the frequency. Then You should change the voltages manually until your system is stable through trial & error.

Click on the link below:
How To: Overclocking Your AMD Processor
m
l
February 15, 2010 3:22:18 AM

Sorry I got snappy, Just had so much fanboi-ism on the BC2 beta boards it's getting to me lol.

Was hoping someone here would have had some exp as a 925 owner, but I'll check out that link. Much obliged :) 

::EDIT:: I bumped up the FSB a tad and it's running nicely at 3152mhz :) 
m
l
March 1, 2010 4:52:28 PM

WirlWind said:
Sorry I got snappy, Just had so much fanboi-ism on the BC2 beta boards it's getting to me lol.

Was hoping someone here would have had some exp as a 925 owner, but I'll check out that link. Much obliged :) 

::EDIT:: I bumped up the FSB a tad and it's running nicely at 3152mhz :) 

Is that still at the stock voltage (1.25v)?
m
l
March 1, 2010 8:31:04 PM

BradyT88 said:
Is that still at the stock voltage (1.25v)?

Sure is, didn't have to touch the voltage. My PC has been running continuously for about 3 days without issue, temp under load hasn't changed a whole lot, seen no artifacts or anything, it's basically as stable as it was at stock.

I'm thinking of pushing it a little harder to find how high it can go with stock voltage and still be stable. I remember seeing a screenie where the guy had it running at like 4ghz at 1.25v, but I think that might have been a bug with CPU-z or something.

I have seen other people get this chip stable @ 4ghz on air cooling though, but usually the volts are upped (I think I saw one at 1.38v).
m
l
March 1, 2010 8:56:44 PM

I pretty much garantee that that 4GHz @1.25v isn't stable. I have a Corsair H50 on mine and the best I have had stable is 3.78GHz at 1.55v. My load temps got up to 52C at that.
m
l
!