mike8472

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
Hi all, I am about to buy a motherboard for a Phenom II x 4 AM3 (3.0Ghz if you absolutely need to know :p). It will be running 4GB of DDR3 RAM (hopefully 1333Mhz or over) and one single ATI XFX HD 5770 card. (Although I would like the option of crossfire in the future) I shop with Newegg.ca or Tigerdirect.ca (usually newegg has better prices).

Anyone have any suggestions on what board I should buy? I'm not very into overclocking and for the board alone, I would like to spend under $110 (if it goes over, fine, but the cheaper the better :) ) Thanks for the help. :wahoo:

Solution
I would look at the biostar ta870+ for $90 at newegg. Frys has it with the propus 630 for the same price after rebate through tomorrow in stores only. I use a biostar p55 board with similar bios features, and it overclocks well with stock voltages. I also have used biostar's rma service for a g41 board, and they got me a new board in just nine days. The ta870+ has the new sata 3.0 standard, which is great for ssd's.
I would look at the biostar ta870+ for $90 at newegg. Frys has it with the propus 630 for the same price after rebate through tomorrow in stores only. I use a biostar p55 board with similar bios features, and it overclocks well with stock voltages. I also have used biostar's rma service for a g41 board, and they got me a new board in just nine days. The ta870+ has the new sata 3.0 standard, which is great for ssd's.

Solution