My Documents Opens on Start UP

Gail

My Documents opens on start up. Have tried downloading
the fix at www.dougknox.com and looking at start up
programs using www.sysinternals.com. Unserinit value is
correct, including trailing comma. Any other ideas?

Gail, check here. This could be a possible cause. Thanks to Kelly's

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q317013

"Gail" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Documents opens on start up. Have tried downloading
> the fix at www.dougknox.com and looking at start up
> programs using www.sysinternals.com. Unserinit value is
> correct, including trailing comma. Any other ideas?

Gail

I had tried everything suggested by kellys-korner;
however, one thing is puzzling. Using regedit and
checking
HKEY_Current_User/Software/Microsoft/WindowsNT/CurrentUser
- then check "Load," the value is blank. Kellys-korner
suggests checking this but does not specify what
value "Load" should have. Any ideas?

Gail, I ran into the same problem and then played around a bit with the
sysinternals autorun program. I figured out that is more than one
"Explorer.exe" is listed, its default action is to open up the My
documents folder.

Nathan

--
nathancouch