Gigabyte IDE driver

G

Hello,
I just set up a Gigabyte 790txa-ud4 motherboard. Windows hardware wizard keeps trying to locate a driver for my IDE controller and failing. The BIOS and my computer can see one of the two DVD drives I have hooked up, but cannot read any disk I put into it. Help?

G

The Add Hardware Wizard gives me this excuse:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

G

Dear customer,
If current Winxp on HDD was installed on other system. devices will not function correctly until reload Winxp by select repair. After repaired put in driver CD comes with mother board load all drivers, windows will works correctly on new mother board. This was a known issue from Microsoft windows (repair winxp can keep old data and programs the same on current HDD).
Note : repair option require Winxp installation disk has SP2 included.

This is what Gigabyte has sent me. I tried using my XP disk to repair it but it just puts me in a DOS mode and gives me no apparent option to make it start repairing. After leaving it overnight, the dvd drive started to read disks again, but there still seems to be a driver issue somewhere. I even bought a new clean hard drive and tried to install windows 7 on it, but the install stops and tells me a dvd driver is missing. Is there a program out there I can download that has all of those necessary drivers to fix this?