Sign in with
Your question

Asrock Z77 guide for 3770k OC

Last response: in Overclocking
May 21, 2012 9:03:16 PM

Hey everyone, I fairly new to OCing but I have a good idea of the process. I have an AsRock Z77 extreme4 and I am more or less looking for a general guide to what each component of the BIOS settings does and how it affects over all CPU speed.

Has anyone either found a good guide or can anyone give me a good rundown of the components.

Thanks, Dan

More about : asrock z77 guide 3770k

a b K Overclocking
May 22, 2012 2:33:03 AM

There's a tab under overclocking in the bios u can just set the turbo mode to 4.0 /4.2 / 4.4 /and up
It's fully automatic.
Dont mess with the gpu settings. set your xmp on your ram to the setting it came with.

The I7 runs hotter because hyper-threading so just up it a little and test until u get the temp your comfortable with.
Without water cooling u will probably only increase a small amount like 2-4 tenth of a Ghz.

All the other settings u will just have to Google because they are not in the manual. Or use toms hardware guide at the top of forum.

I really recommend using standard xmp(for ram) and as rock turbo (for cpu only)-(not gpu)
m
l
May 22, 2012 3:59:05 PM

Be careful when using the automatic overclocking features. I don't have my Asrock rig in front of me, but from what I remember enabling the "Enhanced Turbo 30" changed some parameters to something scary. There's a bit about what each of those options does in the Anandtech review, here: http://www.anandtech.com/show/5793/intel-z77-motherboar...
m
l
!