Sign in with
Your question

A question about my graphics cards...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2009 9:12:33 AM

So Forum, I have a question.
I Currently own 4 video cards. 2 XFX 4770's (With the "big" cooler aka Reference) a Diamond Radeon 4890 and a EVGA GTS 250 1 GB Superclocked edition.

Now recently in my quad core rig I've been running my 4770's in CFX but lately I've been thinking on moving back to nvidia (which I did by throwing my GTS 250 back in my PC). Anyhow I am thinking it might be time to get rid of my 4770's and possibly my 4890 (BTW What do you all think of the 4890's? I know they are supposed to be on par with a GTS 275 minus Physx and Cuda) to try to save enough scratch for a GTS 285.

I don't think I'll need more than that as I game on a 22" (Well technically 21.5" Acer H213H monitor at 1080P.

Anyone got any idea's waht my next step should be? I'm pretty much on the fence. I really like ATi for their price point and the fact they were the first to go 40NM and break the 1 GHZ barrier and are using GDDR5. Granted at lower bit bus speeds, but I know the lack of physx and cuda will be pretty evident in quiet a few games. I like NVidia because they have tons of games optimized for their product and I like having physx and cuda. I'm a sucker for eye candy.

Comments? Suggestions? Leave em here for me!
a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2009 9:39:03 AM

Dump one or two of your videocards and get one top end GPU, doesn't matter ATI or Nvidia. However, you'll have to OC your CPU to get the most of the best GPUs out there. Which quad core do you have?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2009 10:22:24 AM

So, I've read, but never tried, that you can actually apply a patch and run a ATI card for your main graphics and have a Nvidia especially for physix. You might think about that.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2009 8:26:41 PM

hundredislandsboy said:
Dump one or two of your videocards and get one top end GPU, doesn't matter ATI or Nvidia. However, you'll have to OC your CPU to get the most of the best GPUs out there. Which quad core do you have?

It's in my sig. Q8200 oc'd to 2.9Ghz stock voltage.
m
l
!