Sign in with
Your question

ATI or Intel.. Nvidia or ATI

Last response: in Systems
December 4, 2009 7:06:16 PM

hi friends,

i run a gaming parlor and i am planing to buy new PC's for my Parlor.
i am confused weather to go for Intel PC or ATI

i have 2 config's out of which i plan to buy one....
price of ATI PC is 50$ more then that of intel
as i am planing to buy 20 PC's..... 50$ X 20 PC's = $1000 which is very big amount.

so i would request to suggest me the best configa.... as this is what is available in my BUDGET
sorry for my English

Intel Config

Intel E7500 Processor
Gigabyte GA-P41-UD3L Mother Board
Palit GTS 250 1GB Graphic Card
500 GB Western Digital HDD with 32MB
G.SKILL F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI Ram (1066MHz 5-5-5-15)
Corsair 450W SMPS (Power Supply)

ATI Config

AMD Phenon II X2 550 Black Edition Processor
Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H Mother Board
Sapphire 5750 1GB Graphic Card
G.Skill F2-9600CL6D-4GBRH (1200Mhz 6-6-6-18)
Corsair 450W SMPS (Power Supply

Thanks,
Rushabh

More about : ati intel nvidia ati

December 4, 2009 7:35:06 PM

I would go with the AMD build. Put I would get atleast the x3 (if able)
B/c with the AMD build it would be better to go with an AM3 build b/c AM2 and DDr2 Ram wont last much longer.

Get an AM3 MOBO and DDR3 RAM.

And get the Samsung spinpoint F3 500gig hard drive instead.

Hope I helped
m
l
Related resources
December 4, 2009 7:43:54 PM

If you are not looking for expandability and these are the only two choices, I would stick with the cheaper intel system.

If you could choose an AMD socket AM3 motherboard and DDR3 RAM then going with the AMD system would make more sense (you could later upgrade the CPU to a strong AMD quad and have strong systems). But with an AM2 motherboard and DDR2 RAM you might as well stick with the intel system.
m
l
December 4, 2009 7:47:23 PM

dndhatcher said:
If you are not looking for expandability and these are the only two choices, I would stick with the cheaper intel system.

If you could choose an AMD socket AM3 motherboard and DDR3 RAM then going with the AMD system would make more sense (you could later upgrade the CPU to a strong AMD quad and have strong systems). But with an AM2 motherboard and DDR2 RAM you might as well stick with the intel system.

Yeah, this is what really makes the AMD's a better choice for mid-range PCs. The Phenom II x2 - 550 is a great processor, but the board you put it on is upgradeable until (probably) early 2011 when AMD launches its Fusion platform. AM3 boards also support DDR3 Ram, which is another nice perk. The LGA 775 socket is fast approaching retirement as Intel moves onto their new i3, i5, i7, and i9 cores; however, there is still a nice upgrade path there with the Core 2 Quads.
m
l
December 4, 2009 7:57:17 PM

rushabhshah said:
hi friends,

i run a gaming parlor and i am planing to buy new PC's for my Parlor.
i am confused weather to go for Intel PC or ATI

i have 2 config's out of which i plan to buy one....
price of ATI PC is 50$ more then that of intel
as i am planing to buy 20 PC's..... 50$ X 20 PC's = $1000 which is very big amount.

so i would request to suggest me the best configa.... as this is what is available in my BUDGET
sorry for my English

Intel Config

Intel E7500 Processor
Gigabyte GA-P41-UD3L Mother Board
Palit GTS 250 1GB Graphic Card
G.SKILL F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI Ram (1066MHz 5-5-5-15)
Corsair 450W SMPS (Power Supply)

ATI Config

AMD Phenon II X2 550 Black Edition Processor
Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H Mother Board
Sapphire 5750 1GB Graphic Card
G.Skill F2-9600CL6D-4GBRH (1200Mhz 6-6-6-18)
Corsair 450W SMPS (Power Supply

Thanks,
Rushabh

dndhatcher said:

thank you for the reply....

AM3 is out of my budget.... as it is to expensive over here.
and i cant spend more.

so out of this can u suggest????

m
l
December 4, 2009 11:09:22 PM

rushabhshah said:
thank you for the reply....

AM3 is out of my budget.... as it is to expensive over here.
and i cant spend more.

so out of this can u suggest???

No, really, it's not.

The CPU you selected is an AM3 CPU. Swap out this motherboard (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130228 about the same price), which is a fully-fledged AM3 mobo and will support newer AM3 processors (as well as the one you selected).

Between the two graphics cards you chose, I would go for the HD 5750 as it supports DirectX11, and delivers marginally better performance.

In the end here's what it comes down to:
Intel build = cheaper now
AMD build = less upgrade costs in the future (But get an AM3 motherboard like the one I linked, it's nearly the same price and will support newer CPUs when it's time to upgrade)

In either case, I think the 5750 is the better graphics card.
m
l
December 5, 2009 12:57:28 AM

Even without changing to a DDR3 board I would still go with the AMD setup personally. The Phenom II 550 is a decent chip, sometimes you can unlock the cores, and as others have mentioned you can easily replace it with a quad later. The Radeon 5750 should also be a bit better than the GeForce 250, besides being DX11 card.
m
l
December 5, 2009 3:59:25 AM

nofun said:
No, really, it's not.

The CPU you selected is an AM3 CPU. Swap out this motherboard (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130228 about the same price), which is a fully-fledged AM3 mobo and will support newer AM3 processors (as well as the one you selected).

Between the two graphics cards you chose, I would go for the HD 5750 as it supports DirectX11, and delivers marginally better performance.

In the end here's what it comes down to:
Intel build = cheaper now
AMD build = less upgrade costs in the future (But get an AM3 motherboard like the one I linked, it's nearly the same price and will support newer CPUs when it's time to upgrade)

In either case, I think the 5750 is the better graphics card.

5750 is 50$ more then GTS 250... so is it worth the price???? as AMD & Intel config is costing me the same

Thanks
m
l
December 5, 2009 4:03:08 AM

kiren said:
Even without changing to a DDR3 board I would still go with the AMD setup personally. The Phenom II 550 is a decent chip, sometimes you can unlock the cores, and as others have mentioned you can easily replace it with a quad later. The Radeon 5750 should also be a bit better than the GeForce 250, besides being DX11 card.

5750 is 50$ more then GTS 250... so is it worth the price???? as AMD & Intel config is costing me the same

Thanks
m
l
December 5, 2009 4:04:20 AM

nekko said:
I would go with the AMD build. Put I would get atleast the x3 (if able)
B/c with the AMD build it would be better to go with an AM3 build b/c AM2 and DDr2 Ram wont last much longer.

Get an AM3 MOBO and DDR3 RAM.

And get the Samsung spinpoint F3 500gig hard drive instead.

Hope I helped

Thank You
m
l
December 5, 2009 1:16:49 PM

rushabhshah said:

Thanks

In that case, it's not. Here they both run around $150, but if it's that much more expensive where you live, then no.
m
l
December 5, 2009 6:28:28 PM

nofun said:
In that case, it's not. Here they both run around $150, but if it's that much more expensive where you live, then no.

Thanks for u r help!!!!
God Bless
m
l
!