SilverStone Raven RV01, Antec 902, and Coolermaster HAF 932. Which >?

alexcheng

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Hello folks, these are the three cases that I'm looking at, all have very good reputations, but I just can't choose between the three...!!!!!!!

The SilverStone Raven RV01 has the motherboard placed 90 degrees to the top, and I really like the design and and I like how I can store the cables nicely, but the airflow of that case is kinda strange. Any owners who owns this case, feel free to post temperatures of your components!

Antec 902, nothing much to say, I just love how it looks, and personally, I would've preferred the Raven more than the 902, but the 902 is more available at where I live (Thailand), so it's actually more of a "backup-plan"

The Coolermaster HAF 932, great reputation in its airflow and case working area, saw no people complained about the case. But I heard that it doesn't come with dust filters, which really makes me hesitate... :(

FYI - I HATE DUSTS!!!!!!! :fou:

So, if you happen to be a owner of any of the case mentioned, feel free to post temperatures.... cable management photos... or any comments about any of the three cases!

(If you have any other good case suggestions, feel free to post as well!)

By the way, I will be putting it the ASUS Rampage II Extreme, maybe a fan controller, a optical drive, 1 or 2 HDD drives, and that's it... (If it makes any difference)

Thanks in advance for all the people helping! :bounce:

I have the HAF932 - huge beast - excellent ventilation, airflow, and cooling.

I am not a big fan of dust filters. The dust filters retrict airflow and hamper cooling. I prefer to use a can of compressed air to blow out any accumulated dust. In my situation it is only necessary to do it every couple of months. Individual cleaning requirements will vary.

alexcheng

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Thanks again for the two people who answered!

I can withstand a bit of dust, you know, like cleaning it everything 1 or 2 month is okay with me, because I want it to be able to cool my components well too...

With the HAF 932, does the dust go mad all over the place like here and there and makes cleaning a hard work?

Also, someone mentioned that "the others are dust magnets", does the Antec 902 still get dusts in it? There's dust filter on almost or EVERY fan!

ulysses35

Distinguished
Positive or negative pressure can easily be changed by changing your fan configuration. I would personally choose the HAF932 - though the looks are not the best in my opinion. The raven has an odd set up inside

Many of the newer gaming cases have a lot of ventilation in the form of perforated mesh. Although the fan openings might have filters, the perforated mesh in other locations usually doesn't. This particularly true of side panels.

Dust can wind up anywhere inside a case.

AMW1011

Distinguished

Dust filters have pros and cons to them. They must be cleaned regularly, they inhibit some airflow, and don't catch all of the dust. My old Antec 900 had some custom dust filters, every month I would have to clean it and my house isn't very dusty. The Haf 932 is even worse because of all the open perforated surfaces. It all depends on how much you hate dust.

Also, why these cases?

the Antec 902 and HAF 932 are kind of ugly, and you can get higher quality cases with more features for about the same price.

The Lian Li Dragonlord PC-K62 is a very nice case that has more features, good cable management, and comparable cooling for the same price or less, and looks much better in my opinion. I'm sure Johnny wouldn't mind posting some pictures of his Dragonlord case.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112239&cm_re=lancool-_-11-112-239-_-Product

In the end we can only give you information, you need to use it to make your own decision, especially since looks are very personal and will vary from person to person.

Some of the cases you list aren't all really "comparable".

The 900/902 from Antec isa mid tower in the same class as the HAF 922
The Antec 1200 is a full tower in the same class as the HAF 932

Personally I am big on air filters which is why I prefer the 1200. If ya use a vacuum cleaner once and a while on the floors, curtains, etc to clean the room the puter's in, pointing the hose at the filters cleans them in 2 seconds. I still blow out the innards after taking the side panel off every coupla months but this cuts the frequency of that hassle way down.

However, one thought about cases which may not come to the forefront at first si what PSU can it fit and where does it put it. I much prefer the bottom mount on the CPX PSU form factor provided by the 1200 is a huge plus as it allows CPX form factor PSU's which can match any high quality PSU on the market electrically at lower noise and half the price.

Though considering the fact that Coolermaster, Antec and Thermaltake (those are ones I am aware of) are all releasing new cases in 3-4 weeks, I dunno that Id be buying a new case this month.

My son's 1200has an OC'd 920 w/ twin GPU's with two OC profiles that he regularly uses.

3.7 Ghz for everyday use w/ core temps of 55 C average under 100% CPU Prime 95 load
4.2 Ghz for gaming use w/ core temps of 71 C average under 100% CPU Prime 95 load

MoBo typically sits at 25 C, CPU at 27C when doing stuff like hitting THG forums

All case fans are at 50% speed, CPU fan at 83% and completely inaudible.

AMW1011

Distinguished