PowerDVD. Does it still work?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
June 30, 2004 5:45:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd,alt.video.dvd.complain,alt.video.dvd.tech,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

"I'm thinking of replacing my TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-C2502 internal DVD drive
with a DVD CD burner. With my present DVD drive, I'm able to to screen
captures
of DVD's with PowerDVD 4.0. Originally, when I was looking for something
that
would do DVD screen capture's, I tried Hypersnap, but I couldn't get it to
work.

Finally, PowerDVD 4.0 DID work. The last time that I was on the hyperonics
website
looking for the latest version of Hypersnap, I looked at one of it's forums,
and saw this
reply to a question about how to do screen captures of DVD's.

-------
Sorry, we are unable to capture from many new DVD players now. Microsoft has
changed the "DirectShow" technology used by DVD players in a way that make
screen captures from them virtually impossible. I think they are trying to
protect movies against copying, or something.
-------

You'll find that at
http://www.hyperionics.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true...

If I get a new DVD burner to replace my present DVD drive, will PowerDVD
still do screen
captures? Thanks in advance.

--
-------------------------------
Patrick D. Rockwell

More about : powerdvd work

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 30, 2004 6:16:57 AM

"Patrick D. Rockwell" <hnhc85a@prodigy.net> wrote in message
news:p XoEc.2095$Zr2.1872@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
> "I'm thinking of replacing my TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-C2502 internal DVD drive
> with a DVD CD burner. With my present DVD drive, I'm able to to screen
> captures
> of DVD's with PowerDVD 4.0. Originally, when I was looking for something
> that
> would do DVD screen capture's, I tried Hypersnap, but I couldn't get it to
> work.
>
> Finally, PowerDVD 4.0 DID work. The last time that I was on the hyperonics
> website
> looking for the latest version of Hypersnap, I looked at one of it's
forums,
> and saw this
> reply to a question about how to do screen captures of DVD's.

> -------
> Sorry, we are unable to capture from many new DVD players now. Microsoft
has
> changed the "DirectShow" technology used by DVD players in a way that make
> screen captures from them virtually impossible. I think they are trying to
> protect movies against copying, or something.
> -------
>

> You'll find that at
> http://www.hyperionics.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true...
>
> If I get a new DVD burner to replace my present DVD drive, will PowerDVD
> still do screen
> captures? Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Patrick D. Rockwell

If you still use it, and it works, it will work when you change drives. As
long as hardware acceleration is off in the advanced video properties in
PowerDVD config, it should work fine.
!