Sign in with
Your question

Video card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 6, 2009 12:39:51 PM

I need to find a video card for working with CS4 photoshop. I want it to make use of the easy functions and navigation in photoshop.
I use mac with snow leopard. I had never heard of the video cards so I need to find the correct card that will work with my computers and will not be more that I need.
Thanks

More about : video card

a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2009 5:38:12 PM

You will need to post more detailed specs than that. What model mac, how old (so we know what kind of slot) etc. How big is your monitor, are you a casual CS4 user or a professional--what is your budget?

I would start here, however.
http://www.macmall.com/s?rch&q=video%20cards&n=macmsc-s...|1GB%20or%20more&sbq=MacMall_CartPrice%3A%3A%3Aasc&includeImage=true

For CS4, the amount of Ram on the card matters--you want to have at least 1 gb. As for the other specs on the card.. that depends on how much you want to spend and how much performance you need.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2009 5:40:08 PM

Also-- what card did your computer come with? Knowing what you are upgrading from will help us understand what you want.
m
l
December 17, 2009 9:23:40 AM

Have connected the secondary monitor of Nvidia (GTX260) to a CRT TV through S-video out. The video quality of a played video (Both DV AVI and MPEG2) on desktop is good but not smooth on my CRT TV, esspecially when there is a motion shot, the video on CRT TV becomes smoky or rather technically it shows panning.

I have tried connecting my Sony Digital camcoder through DV port (1394) on a motherboard and played the DV cassette on a camera, now am seeing the preview on my Desktop through a VJ software Vjamm, the same video am watching on my CRT TV through secondary monitor output of a graphics card of Nvidia, -----Results----The motion shots are worst on CRT TV.

This problem is minimised when I am using the ATI radeon Graphics card????
m
l
!