Video card

I need to find a video card for working with CS4 photoshop. I want it to make use of the easy functions and navigation in photoshop.
I use mac with snow leopard. I had never heard of the video cards so I need to find the correct card that will work with my computers and will not be more that I need.
Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about video card
  1. You will need to post more detailed specs than that. What model mac, how old (so we know what kind of slot) etc. How big is your monitor, are you a casual CS4 user or a professional--what is your budget?

I would start here, however.
    http://www.macmall.com/s?rch&q=video%20cards&n=macmsc-search&cn=Video%20Cards&dfq=%24%24%24af_Standard_Memory5_Value_Attrib%3A%3A%3Aa5|1GB%20or%20more&sbq=MacMall_CartPrice%3A%3A%3Aasc&includeImage=true

For CS4, the amount of Ram on the card matters--you want to have at least 1 gb. As for the other specs on the card.. that depends on how much you want to spend and how much performance you need.
  2. Also-- what card did your computer come with? Knowing what you are upgrading from will help us understand what you want.
  3. Have connected the secondary monitor of Nvidia (GTX260) to a CRT TV through S-video out. The video quality of a played video (Both DV AVI and MPEG2) on desktop is good but not smooth on my CRT TV, esspecially when there is a motion shot, the video on CRT TV becomes smoky or rather technically it shows panning.

I have tried connecting my Sony Digital camcoder through DV port (1394) on a motherboard and played the DV cassette on a camera, now am seeing the preview on my Desktop through a VJ software Vjamm, the same video am watching on my CRT TV through secondary monitor output of a graphics card of Nvidia, -----Results----The motion shots are worst on CRT TV.

This problem is minimised when I am using the ATI radeon Graphics card????
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards Photoshop Graphics Cards Graphics