Final double check on loop

Peds013

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to decide whether I have the needed cooling power of the rads for my rig. I'll be cooling a 3770k overclocked to about 4.2GHz and 2 680 hydro coppers. I'm not bothering with ram or mobo.

Airing on the side of caution, I have worked out a TDP of about 600W. But I cant find out how good the rads I have are. The rans I have are:

A 360 x 30 mm thick:

http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.php/info/p767_Alphacool-NexXxoS-Pro-III-Radiator-Rev-2--with-aluminum-frame-.html

and a 240 x 60 mm thick:

http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_info.php/info/p10367_Phobya-G-Changer-240-Ver--1-2-Black.html

They will both be in push pull with 10 of these Gelid fans: (I'd like to run them reasonably low ideally but I know this may not be possible)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-000-GD

I just wanted to know if you more experienced builders could help me out, this is only my second build ever, the first was a simple CPU loop only.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
The more rad you have the better but a well-fanned single 360 can handle that, I would throw a minimum of a 360 and a 240 at a dual Gpu/Cpu loop but I do like overkill :)
Sb you will manage much better temps, Ivy has an inherent problem with their Ihs,
And Delta very much depends on how well you can cool that rad, hint pushpull with shrouds :)
*Edit, sorry, I'm on the mobile and forgot your 240 rad, yes you have plenty there and the Gelids are good fans, I have nine blue wings myself and would have had fourteen more in the radbox but for the cost, I'll get them as I can manage to afford them
Moto

Peds013

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
CPU block is

http://specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/Aquacomputer-Cuplex-Kryos-Delrin-Intel-1366-1156-1155-775--Delrin-pid-11966.html

The reason I ask this question, is I've been reading a number of topics that are using two, full thickness 360 rads for similar loops. It makes me doubt my rad size (being half the size) :p

But both you guys know your stuff so thanks for your opinions!!

Do you have any ideas what sort of delta T i could get with that set up?
and if I decided to go with SB-E instead of ivy bridge would that make much of a difference?

The more rad you have the better but a well-fanned single 360 can handle that, I would throw a minimum of a 360 and a 240 at a dual Gpu/Cpu loop but I do like overkill :)
Sb you will manage much better temps, Ivy has an inherent problem with their Ihs,
And Delta very much depends on how well you can cool that rad, hint pushpull with shrouds :)
*Edit, sorry, I'm on the mobile and forgot your 240 rad, yes you have plenty there and the Gelids are good fans, I have nine blue wings myself and would have had fourteen more in the radbox but for the cost, I'll get them as I can manage to afford them
Moto

Solution

Peds013

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
Thanks a lot moto! I will be running push pull, do the shrouds really help that much?? I don't know that I'll have space for shrouds either.

I could always stick a 140 rad on the back exhaust otherwise? I'm just worried that long tubing lines would look bad :-(
My first w/c build is a bit of a mess! no cable management in the case and no rad support either so even after hours of faffing its not the prettiest, I'd love this one to look gooood! haha.

Shrouds eliminate deadspots you get from fans, not essential but they do make an appreciable difference if you have room,
and extra 140 would be cool, I like to over rad as it allows me to run more fans quieter
As for cable management and tube routing, post a pic and let me at it :)
thank you for B.a. man
Moto

Peds013

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012

That makes total sense! I didn't even think about shrouds. Though looking back at my build plan I really don't think I'll have space for them. I can always add them at a later date.

I'll post a pic in this thread when I'm done so you can see my handywork! Thanks again!