Added DVD drive lost CD-RW control

Added 2nd hard drive (D:) and DVD drive (E:)to my
system. When te DVD drive in the slave position, the CD-
RW can't be accessed. Unplug the DVD drive the CD drive
can be used. Can't I get access to both the CD and the
DVD drive?
1 answer Last reply
More about added drive lost control

    If both optical drives are on the same IDE Controller, ensure one is set to
    Master and one to Slave. If the original is set to CS (Cable Select) they
    won't work.
    www.coribright.com

    "Rich5258" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Added 2nd hard drive (D:) and DVD drive (E:)to my
    > system. When te DVD drive in the slave position, the CD-
    > RW can't be accessed. Unplug the DVD drive the CD drive
    > can be used. Can't I get access to both the CD and the
    > DVD drive?

Configuration CD-Rom DVD Drives Windows XP