Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Corsair h60 high temperatures?

Last response: in Overclocking
May 22, 2012 10:18:01 PM

:hello:  Hi there, that's what's goin on
I just installed the corsair h60 hydro solution, because my intel core i5 750 was getting some high tneos when gaming with the stock fan (up to 50º idle & 90º with some games) so, I bought the h60, but, after I installed it, I got even worse temps. :(  my rig even went to BSOD once. now, my pc is about 70º idle, and you don't even want to know how much it rises when gaming. I already verified that the copper plate is making full contact with the chip, but this f******* problem persist, you don't even imagine how frustrated I am right now. I think it might be a problem with the h60 water pump, maybe iut is not working properly, my board has just 1 4-pin cpu fan connector, and another for the "sys-fan" I connected the punp to the "sys" one, maybe it is not properly set up or something, what do you guys think? :o  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: 

thanks, btw :hello: 
a b K Overclocking
May 23, 2012 5:53:49 AM

Move the connector to the cpu fan header! LOOK HERE...

http://www.corsair.com/blog/mounting-the-hydro-series-h...

Scroll down and look where they plug the fan connector on the motherboard...the cpu fan header!

....it's what provides feedback to the boards thermal protection circuit.

You may have a board thermal protection circuit component that has failed...ie a thermal sensor that adjusts the cpu fan or in your case...the pump.

Give it a shot...look at the directions and see if you followed ALL the steps and it should bring those temps down very quickly....if not... either the pump isn't getting power or the fans aren't.

Finally if none of that helps...which I don't believe will be the case...you may have a runaway cpu failing in which case your cpu is hosed...I seriously doubt that though!

Let us know what you get for a result...Plzzzz.

Good luck friend.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
May 23, 2012 7:28:22 AM

The h60 is decent, not the best, having heat problems with mine on a x6 1100T 4.0ghz. Try stock clocks and see where the temps set. Set up the H60 with a push pull fan set up and you temps should be reasonable, The stock fan is ok, but not great, I swapped mine out with 110 cfm fans, help drop my temps so I could reach 4.0ghz.

Alos make sure the H60 is getting 100% power all the time, don't have the motherboard slow the speed down of the pump.
m
l
Related resources
May 23, 2012 2:28:17 PM

tekman42 said:
Move the connector to the cpu fan header! LOOK HERE...

http://www.corsair.com/blog/mounting-the-hydro-series-h...

Scroll down and look where they plug the fan connector on the motherboard...the cpu fan header!

....it's what provides feedback to the boards thermal protection circuit.

You may have a board thermal protection circuit component that has failed...ie a thermal sensor that adjusts the cpu fan or in your case...the pump.

Give it a shot...look at the directions and see if you followed ALL the steps and it should bring those temps down very quickly....if not... either the pump isn't getting power or the fans aren't.

Finally if none of that helps...which I don't believe will be the case...you may have a runaway cpu failing in which case your cpu is hosed...I seriously doubt that though!

Let us know what you get for a result...Plzzzz.

Good luck friend.

look, the thing is that, this is my MoBo
http://ee.gigabyte.com/products/page/mb/ga-p55m-ud2_10/

I don't know if there is a way to connect the pump, as far as I know, the only 2 fan headers in my board are the cpu and the "sys_fan", and the sys one is not giving 12v..so, do you know how can I connect the pump directly to the psu? it says there that I can. Or maybe rising the voltage of the sys fan header. dunno what to do. :/ 
m
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
May 23, 2012 3:40:37 PM

rottencabbage said:
look, the thing is that, this is my MoBo
http://ee.gigabyte.com/products/page/mb/ga-p55m-ud2_10/

I don't know if there is a way to connect the pump, as far as I know, the only 2 fan headers in my board are the cpu and the "sys_fan", and the sys one is not giving 12v..so, do you know how can I connect the pump directly to the psu? it says there that I can. Or maybe rising the voltage of the sys fan header. dunno what to do. :/ 

Gotta get 1 of these to plug the pump into the molex of the PSU http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
a c 324 K Overclocking
May 23, 2012 4:15:33 PM

You have to have a CPU_FAN header, it's standard on all motherboards, otherwise, how would you be able to control a stock CPU cooler without running it from an unmonitored power source from your PSU?
m
l
a b K Overclocking
May 23, 2012 4:24:16 PM

rubix_1011 said:
You have to have a CPU_FAN header, it's standard on all motherboards, otherwise, how would you be able to control a stock CPU cooler without running it from an unmonitored power source from your PSU?

Im sure it has a fan header on the board, his problem I think is the board is limiting the speed of the pump, and by the time the mobo realizes that the CPU is running to hot, it kicks the h60's pump into high gear, but when it does that, it cant cool it down fast enough to prevent it from shutting down.

If he knew how to get into the bios and make change the fan header that the pump is plugged into, and set it to run at 100% power all the time, I think it would cure the problem, But if not, these adapters are so cheap, could go a mow some lawns and get the money in an hour pretty much, That would ensure that the pump would run at 100%, the fan doesn't need to run at 100% until the CPU gets hot.
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
May 23, 2012 4:39:17 PM

Quote:
Im sure it has a fan header on the board, his problem I think is the board is limiting the speed of the pump, and by the time the mobo realizes that the CPU is running to hot, it kicks the h60's pump into high gear, but when it does that, it cant cool it down fast enough to prevent it from shutting down.

I don't think this is the issue. Either the pump isn't running at all, or you have an airlock.
m
l
May 24, 2012 5:55:14 PM

Best answer selected by rottencabbage.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
May 24, 2012 6:18:29 PM

Yeah the pump is not running even at low pump speed you would not get those temps. I get 43c with a 1090T @ 4.0 being stressed low 30's idle..

Thent
m
l
a b K Overclocking
May 25, 2012 12:29:24 AM

rottencabbage said:
well, that's very interesting, now the thing is, I gotta find it, I'm not in the states, i'm having a hard time looking for it :pfff: 

Yeah, Just make sure when you do fine 1, make sure that its a 3 pin header, and not a 2 pin, Even a 4 pin will work for a 3pin, Or it should anyway.
m
l
!