Best graphics card thats affordable

tnason123

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
I'm looking into graphics cards and i was wondering if any of you could recommend any particular one for me that could play GTA 4 and games like that, around the price of 200 dollars. thank you!

tnason123

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
yes i believe it did. kind of. i looked at some of the prices on there, and they tell me the specs, but i'm computer retarded. i have no idea if they'll be able to play the games i want them to.

You should post your system specs (cpu,ram,motherboard and psu) it makes it easier for us to help you.

tnason123

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
well your probably alot more computer literate than i am. i need ideas on what i should get. i just wanna know if the stupid thing will be able to play next gen games. lol

It is a balance between cpu and gpu, specs are important.

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
Ugh... Pentium D? You poor thing... since then people have switched to Core 2 Duo... then those people switched to quad core processors... and those people went ahead and upgraded to i5s and i7s... and there you are... way at the back with your Pentium D. Not much life left in that old girl.

Well, the good news is that motherboard can support core2duos(x2 at least, not x4) the bad new is you got totally ripped off if that was built for you 3 weeks ago. I hesitate to even ask what you were charged. As rodney pointed out that chip is ancient by today's standards. It WAS top of the line... in 2005. That 7900 gs is also current circa 2005. I really doubt this computer was "custom built" for you. You likely got sold an old computer as a new one and you should demand your money back as soon as possible.

You will be lucky to get 350 for it an ebay. Can you go back to the guy and ask what he means with that CPU and mobo? Or have him refund you at least those items. There is plenty of modern motherboard cpu combinations that would work for your memory around 150 - 200dollars on newegg.

If getting your money back isn't an option then you can get a dual core core2duo and something like an HD4670 for about $100. That will allow you to play current games decently at low resolutions. For another hundred you can get a new motherboard as well and a quadcore Athlon II instead and your computer will be reasonably current.

Did you bought this on ebay? If you did, you need to call your credit card company and ask for a refund. They will deal with the rest. There is a close that prevents these kind of scams if the goods don't provide the claims of the seller.

If the guy don't answer the phone, go pay him a visit. Don't count on the police for these kind of scam and forget small claims court... a money pit as well...

I got ripped off on ebay while buying an Athlon 64 FX... the guy never send anything and forced me to pay via Western Union... it was in 2002 when Paypal was not really popular and ebay policies was crap... not that different from today, but at that time ebay was offering really nice deals... now it's nothing else than a scam site.