Sign in with
Your question

Cable Managment

Last response: in Storage
November 7, 2011 5:54:25 PM

Didnt know where to put this discussion under but i am wanting to find some really good cable managements systems. I have a wooden desk that i am wanting to pick up all my cables off the floor and have some kind of clips that can screw into the bottom of my desk and be able to clip in or out cables that i need to pick off the floor or remove one that i may not need. It needs to be easily removable somehow so i dont have to unscrew the clip then take the cable out.

Any ideas?

More about : cable managment

a b G Storage
November 7, 2011 6:11:23 PM

use hook and velcro or the one made for computer cable
m
l
November 7, 2011 6:14:30 PM

Yea i thought of that but trying to find something different than velcro.
m
l
Related resources
a c 174 G Storage
November 7, 2011 6:52:42 PM

Could you post a pic of your desk and what you would like to do?
m
l
November 7, 2011 7:49:13 PM

Yea ill have to take one when i get off work though. But its something that im wanting to mount under my desk and not something that goes through the top of my desk.
m
l
a c 115 G Storage
November 7, 2011 7:53:18 PM

Go to an Ace Hardware store..... dozens of choices for wire / cable clippie things on the shelves. Screw type, adhesive type.....all sorts
m
l
Anonymous
a b G Storage
November 7, 2011 7:55:28 PM

I use magnets. I don't see any interference issues though...
I got a big strong refrigerator magnet that I glue to the top of the bottom of my desk. I coiled my wires in metal wires. Then you just put it up. :)  I didn't want to screw my desk so this is what I did.
m
l
a c 415 G Storage
November 7, 2011 8:00:36 PM

It's actually pretty hard to beat Velcro. You can just screw eye hooks into the bottom of the desktop and run Velcro loops through them to bundle your cables.

For other options, Googling "cable management" gives a variety of choices. I find a good way to look for these kinds of things is to run your Google query and select "Image" view of the results. This lets you see a wide variety of solutions quickly, and then you can click on the ones that look interesting to see what they are.
m
l
November 7, 2011 8:08:26 PM

Yea ive done that some. I just wanted to see what everyone else is using and if someone had something really cool that i might like is all.
m
l
a c 174 G Storage
November 7, 2011 9:56:41 PM

mjohnson24 said:
Yea ive done that some. I just wanted to see what everyone else is using and if someone had something really cool that i might like is all.

I created a "U" shaped support out of 2 x 4 wood. It goes between my desk and the wall. It holds the cables, and a power strip. The arch keeps everything hidden and out of the way of my feet.
m
l
a b G Storage
November 7, 2011 10:43:48 PM

IKEA sells some metal troughs and brackets that screw under the edge of the desk or table.
m
l
!