OC Tips/Help on older CPU/MOBO

8bitloser

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
Im Still new to overclocking so this isnt really to help me get better performance, but to learn more about overclocking. The reason im here and not a guide is that my motherboard isnt designed to oc but has minor abilitys. Also please no suggestions to get a new mobo, its in the works and i cant afford it atm.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2379253 Theres a CPU-Z look at what i have currently set.
My motherboard and Cpu are listed on that page as well so just have a look there for that. My Multiplier goes to 13 but i lowered it to get my RAM back up to DDR2-800, I cant seen to get it back to it without overclocking which is weird. I dont have a lot of options but im going to shut off my pc and write it all down then post here in a minute(will probably already see it here).

IM looking for tips to max my OC, without overheating of course, but i dont need tips on temps as i only have the stock and will not get a better till i upgrade my cpu once i can get a job. My current idle temps hover at 39C on Core 0 and 39-41C on core 1, Max doesnt pass 55C on either core usually, unless my room is very hot from a long (4-5hr) gaming session.

Any tips for a not l33t n00bzor?

EDIT: OK i got all the info and here it is.

CPU CONFIG-
OC MODE [CPU, PCIE ASYNC]
PCIE FREQ. [115]
CPU FREQ. {263}

Boot Failure guard [yes]
boot failure guard cont [3]

Ratio CMOS [12]

Enhanced Halt State [No]
Intel Virtu. Tech [enable]
Thermal Throttling [Enable]
No Execute Memory protection [Disable]
SpeedStep [Disable]