Computer wont display need help ASAP

newtopcs1

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
Ok guys I got all my new stuff and threw together a new computer. It has an i7 920, asus p6t deluxe v2, sony dvd, 850 corsair power supply, 5850 sapphire, ocz platinum, Wd black caviar 640gb drive, in an antec 900, dark knight cooler. We put this all together and plugged it in and it wont display anything and wont turn off when power button is held down? Why would it do this? This is a pain in the ass its for my little brother I dont mess with computers and nothing can ever just work the first time apparently.

newtopcs1

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
My roomates put this thing together they said its all plugged in. Also everything lights up and turns on just no display and no power off? Where is this 8 pin cpu plug?

Get into the BIOS. Make the DVD drive the 1st boot device, and insert the OS disc. Restart and press any key when prompted. This will start the format/install process.

If you don't hear any beeps, you may not have your system speaker plugged in. It's not a huge deal unless you have boot issues.

newtopcs1

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
I tried to do the bios, it would make me press delete, and then when I did it would take me to some screen asking me to pick between a b or c for make disc menu? So I just put in windows disk and it is running but is really slow?

BTW, make sure they plug in the 8 pin EPS cable after taking the black cap off half the socket, and not leave the cap on and plug in the 4 pin cable.