Sign in with
Your question

No power

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
February 15, 2010 5:51:55 PM

we lost power saturday for about 9hrs. when the power came back on I could not get my computer started
We have tried different cords to connect it to but nothing happened. any help on his would be greatly apprecited

More about : power

February 15, 2010 5:54:45 PM

plug something else into the outlet to make sure it is on, if it is you likely blew one of the fuses in the power supply
m
l
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
February 15, 2010 6:01:36 PM

we have tried to that too there is nothing wrong with the plug
m
l
Related resources
a c 135 ) Power supply
February 15, 2010 6:20:55 PM

Try "paperclip trick" ....after checking that PSU switch is on and both ends of cors are plugged in.

1. disconnect all power leads from PSU to MoBo and devices. Leave a fan(s) connected to a molex.
2. use a paperclip to short out pinouts 15 and 16 on the 24 pin connector.

http://pinouts.ru/Power/atx_v2_pinout.shtml

If fans don't spin, likely PSU took a dive.

m
l
February 16, 2010 4:00:57 AM

Unfortunately there may be other problems, I've seen a power surge take out an array of different components without rational.
Your best hope is that it is just the psu, unplug all main power cords from motherboard and data cables from harddrives, leave case cables intact and one power lead to a harddrive, see if fans come on and harddrive spins.
If not, you need another psu, while it may need a fuse it's dependent on where the fuse is placed in the circuit as to whether other damage to psu occurred. Newer power supplies with active pfc and overcurrent/overvoltage protection would just shut down protecting everything after it.
m
l
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
February 16, 2010 10:47:35 AM

roonj said:
Unfortunately there may be other problems, I've seen a power surge take out an array of different components without rational.
Your best hope is that it is just the psu, unplug all main power cords from motherboard and data cables from harddrives, leave case cables intact and one power lead to a harddrive, see if fans come on and harddrive spins.
If not, you need another psu, while it may need a fuse it's dependent on where the fuse is placed in the circuit as to whether other damage to psu occurred. Newer power supplies with active pfc and overcurrent/overvoltage protection would just shut down protecting everything after it.

Thanks you for the information.I ndo believe we need psu. we will take buy a new one thanks again
marion
m
l
!