push to talk

I noticed that motorola is coming out with a new candybar razr that wil have
push to talk. From what I hear, it'l be carried by cingular more then
likely, anyone know what type of push to talk service cingular will use?

Capt.

Capn Wrote:
> I noticed that motorola is coming out with a new candybar razr that wil
> have
> push to talk. From what I hear, it'l be carried by cingular more then
> likely, anyone know what type of push to talk service cingular will
> use?
>

> Capt.

I talked to a person who works for Cingular this weekend. That person
told me that he was currently testing PTT on Cingular in the central
Florida area.

That person (I can't vouch for his credibility, but I tend to believe
him) said they were using Nokia 6101 and LG 1400 phones in their test.
He also said that T-Mobile was developing the same PTT system, and
users on both carriers networks would be able to connect with each
other.

Phonescoop lists the 'Nokia 6101'
(http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=689) as being a PTT
phone. However, the 'LG 1400'
(http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=573) is not listed there
as a PTT phone.

Jer

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2004

AL904 wrote:
> Capn Wrote:
>
>>I noticed that motorola is coming out with a new candybar razr that wil
>>have
>>push to talk. From what I hear, it'l be carried by cingular more then
>>likely, anyone know what type of push to talk service cingular will
>>use?
>>

>>Capt.
>

> I talked to a person who works for Cingular this weekend. That person
> told me that he was currently testing PTT on Cingular in the central
> Florida area.
>
> That person (I can't vouch for his credibility, but I tend to believe
> him) said they were using Nokia 6101 and LG 1400 phones in their test.
> He also said that T-Mobile was developing the same PTT system, and
> users on both carriers networks would be able to connect with each
> other.
>
> Phonescoop lists the 'Nokia 6101'
> (http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=689) as being a PTT
> phone. However, the 'LG 1400'
> (http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=573) is not listed there
> as a PTT phone.

If they're testing PTT with consumer grade handsets, they're not using a
handset currently available - they're using prototypes.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

TRENDING THREADS