DVD Player Can't Read The Sims 2 DVD

My DVD Player on my PC takes a long time to recognize the DVD of the Sims 2,
at least 10 minutes sometimes longer. I tested the DVD player with a DVD
movie and it worked fine, also tested it with another DVD game and
everything works. What's wrong? Should I trade the game in for the CD-Rom
version? Please advise

--
Mike A.
3 answers Last reply

    "Retired Mike" <framyr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > My DVD Player on my PC takes a long time to recognize the DVD of the Sims
    > 2,
    > at least 10 minutes sometimes longer. I tested the DVD player with a DVD
    > movie and it worked fine, also tested it with another DVD game and
    > everything works. What's wrong? Should I trade the game in for the CD-Rom
    > version? Please advise
    >
    > --
    > Mike A.

    the reason it takes so long coz of the anti copying protection on the dvd as
    far as i know there is nothing you can do about it as long as your game
    works thats all that matters.

    P.S it will only take a while if you take the disc out of the drive and
    when you first turn on your computer if you never take it out or turn it off
    the game starts as normal straight away

    Hello
    maybe you can clean the lens of the dvd player

    and if thats not working change it to cd

    "Noel Carroll" <scar6288@bigpond.net.au> schreef in bericht

    > "Retired Mike" <framyr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > > My DVD Player on my PC takes a long time to recognize the DVD of the
    Sims
    > > 2,
    > > at least 10 minutes sometimes longer. I tested the DVD player with a DVD
    > > movie and it worked fine, also tested it with another DVD game and
    > > everything works. What's wrong? Should I trade the game in for the
    CD-Rom
    > > version? Please advise
    > >
    > > --
    > > Mike A.
    > >

    > the reason it takes so long coz of the anti copying protection on the dvd
    as
    > far as i know there is nothing you can do about it as long as your game
    > works thats all that matters.
    >
    > P.S it will only take a while if you take the disc out of the drive and
    > when you first turn on your computer if you never take it out or turn it
    off
    > the game starts as normal straight away

    "Retired Mike" <framyr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > My DVD Player on my PC takes a long time to recognize the DVD of the Sims
    > 2,
    > at least 10 minutes sometimes longer. I tested the DVD player with a DVD
    > movie and it worked fine, also tested it with another DVD game and
    > everything works. What's wrong? Should I trade the game in for the CD-Rom
    > version? Please advise
    >
    > --
    > Mike A.

    My dad's computer has the exact same problem... plays everything else except
    the sims dvd... trialed the same thing by putting various other dvd's in
    and they all worked. The DVD version of sims 2 NEVER worked on his. We
    uninstalled and re installed at least 10 times to no avail. We tried my
    sisters CD version and still had a bit of trouble at first but eventually it
    worked fine. I have absolutely no idea why this happened. I have the DVD
    version and it works perfectly on both computers here with no load up lag on
    the one with a good video and graphics card and still faster than TS1 on the
    other machine...go figure?

    jo

Sims DVD DVD Players Games Video Games