Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Radeon HD 5770 and I5 - 750

Last response: in Components
February 15, 2010 6:32:50 PM

Hi,

I'm looking to build a computer. I would like to get the Radeon HD 5770 and the I5 - 750 CPU. Also I have 2 or 3 hard drives. Could someone tell me what size of power size I should get? I have a 500 watt. Would that work? Also, if someone could recommend a brand too, that would be great. Thanks.

David

More about : radeon 5770 750

Best solution

a c 248 ) Power supply
February 15, 2010 9:42:40 PM

Here are the ATI recommended power supply requirements for the ATI Radeon HD 5770 and 5750 video cards:

450 Watt or greater power supply with one 75 watt, 6-pin PCI Express® power connector recommended

600 Watt or greater power supply with two 75 watt, 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode.

The recommendations are for an entire pc system..

Corsair and Seasonic are two of the brands that have a reputation for high quality power supplies that consistently earn high marks in technical reviews. They are reliable, stable, and come with a 5 year warranty. Some of the newer models come with a 7 year warranty. Lately we've been seeing a few other brands offering some high quality units. One example would be the Antec Earthwatts series which is a major improvement over Antec’s older psu’s like the Basiq models.
February 15, 2010 10:53:59 PM

JohnnyLucky said:
Here are the ATI recommended power supply requirements for the ATI Radeon HD 5770 and 5750 video cards:

450 Watt or greater power supply with one 75 watt, 6-pin PCI Express® power connector recommended

600 Watt or greater power supply with two 75 watt, 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode.

The recommendations are for an entire pc system..

Corsair and Seasonic are two of the brands that have a reputation for high quality power supplies that consistently earn high marks in technical reviews. They are reliable, stable, and come with a 5 year warranty. Some of the newer models come with a 7 year warranty. Lately we've been seeing a few other brands offering some high quality units. One example would be the Antec Earthwatts series which is a major improvement over Antec’s older psu’s like the Basiq models.

Agreed on the Corsair. Also Pc Power and Cooling has been making a dent in the market with their Silencer series.
I have this bad boy: http://www.dvhardware.net/review137_4_silencer_610.html
Awesome PSUs these are!
m
l
Related resources
a c 248 ) Power supply
February 16, 2010 12:17:20 AM

werxe - Agreed The PC Power & Cooling Silencer series of power supplies were the best psu's the company ever offered. Those psu's were made by Seasonic for PC Power & Cooling. Can't say the same for their other series made by other manufacturers. PC Power & Cooling went downhill when OCZ bought them out a couple of years ago. OCZ has a bad habit of having manufacturers build power supplies for them that are not high quality.
m
l
February 25, 2010 11:17:36 PM

Best answer selected by davidst95.
m
l
February 25, 2010 11:18:11 PM

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll be buying a 600+ in case I want to add another graphics card.

David
m
l
!