Sign in with
Your question

Acronis and SSD

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
November 7, 2011 11:26:17 PM

I just bought an M4 x 256GB and tried to clone my HDD using Acronis. The operation failed. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it.

More about : acronis ssd

a b G Storage
November 8, 2011 12:08:37 AM

I've used the WD edition of Acronis to clone HD to HD and it worked well.

I've been told that there is a forum on the Acronis website, you might check there.

I've also been told that cloning a Win7 install is more difficult because of the additional system recovery partition, etc. I tried a clone using Norton Ghost and had to do some research on the Norton forum to figure it out. You might have to do the same on the Acronis forum.
m
l
a b G Storage
November 8, 2011 1:21:36 AM

cadder said:
I've used the WD edition of Acronis to clone HD to HD and it worked well.

I've been told that there is a forum on the Acronis website, you might check there.

I've also been told that cloning a Win7 install is more difficult because of the additional system recovery partition, etc. I tried a clone using Norton Ghost and had to do some research on the Norton forum to figure it out. You might have to do the same on the Acronis forum.

I too have cloned spinners using Acronis but I just tried again after formatting and no joy. I also am using the WD edition. What I did was removed the dongle from a WD external 2.5" drive I own and used it on the new SSD. XP sees the drive OK and the format using XP manager went normally but Acronis just says "fail". BTW, I could find no forum on the Acronis website and e-mail support appears to be only for the full edition. Guess I'm screwed.
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
November 8, 2011 3:56:14 PM

Maybe you could try doing a fresh install of your OS on the SSD and test it out that way, to make sure there isn't some problem with the SSD.
m
l
a b G Storage
November 8, 2011 4:19:40 PM

cadder said:
BTW, here is a link to the forum:

http://forum.acronis.com/

Thanks but they still direct a questioner to their support group who refuses support for the WD version.
m
l
!