Adding/Changing Fan(s) on Hyper 212 Evo

I just ordered the rest of my build and will be putting it together in a few days. I have a 3570k with a Hyper 212 Evo. Due to the overclocking temps of the 3570k, I figured I would do push/pull on the 212 Evo.

My main concerns are:
1. Will having push/pull be noticeably better?
2. Are the CM fans sufficient? (plural- as in, if I were to buy one more)
3. If they aren't, how do I know which fans will fit it?
4. If I only buy 1 fan and pair it with CM fan, will different CFM matter?

I find it odd that the CM fan is listed at "24.9 - 82.9 CFM" on the Hyper 212 specs. Can anyone verify this?
Assuming it's actually http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103069
4 answers Last reply
More about adding changing hyper
  1. Having push/pull is better but I think its like just a couple degrees. The fans will be fine. The CFM adjusts depending on the speed of the fan.
  2. The Hyper 212 Plus came with kind of a loud, crappy fan, but the one on the Evo is way better. It performs excellently and is pretty quiet.

Push/pull generally reduces temps by a couple of degrees like dragonsamus said, but not really noticeably.
  3. Well it looks like the 212 evo fans are no longer available by themselves... and if the blade master is the one that is loud and crappy... I don't know what I should get now... I think the 2 fans would help, since I will be overclocking.
  4. If I only used 1 fan, would it be better to have it in front of the heat-sink pushing (I think that would be pushing) air into it? Since I have 2 exhausts on the case behind it?
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Fan Evo Overclocking Product