SOUND PASS THROUGH HDMI TO HDTV

MERX2006

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
MY HTPC IS BUILT FROM ; CPU= INTEL e8400 ( 3Ghz) .. MOBO.=GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L .. CORSAIR DOMINATOR PC 8500 2GB ..PSU= CORSAIR 620HX .. GPU= PALIT 9600 GT SONIC (512) ..LG Bluray BURNER .. CYBERLINK POWER DVD .. PC SPEAKERS= BOSE COMPANION 5.. ((( I'VE CONNECTED S/PDIF CABLE FROM MOBO TO GPU .. RESULTS= GREAT PICTURE W/ NO SOUND THROUGGH HDMI ))) PLEASE EXPERIENCED ONEs ,HELP .. BY THE WAY I MAY UNDERTAKE AN AMD ( PRICE PERFORMANCE-VALUE) HTPC ..(((((( I LIKE USING FULL TOWERS W/ REMOVABLE MOBO.TRAY.. MID TOWERS OK BUT I WANT ONE W/ SLID OUT & IN MOBO TRAY .. PLEASE MAKE SUGGESTIONS FOR PC CASE W/ RETRACTABLE MOBO TRAYS .. ))))) MY AWARENESS IS; NZXT PANZERBOX , ULTRA m998 & ??? .. MY CURRENT PC CASE IS ULTRA ALUMINUS .. I LIKE IT .. I CAN'T FIND A USED OR NEW POLISH BLACK CASE ..

Solution
Check the manual for your vid card. On some you use its setup software / drivers to select the audio source going out to the TV via the HDMI cable, because some cards have both a pass-thorhg option for audio from a different source, and their own internal audio output system.

Also check your TV's manual. Some have ways to set whether the audio comes from the HDMI cable or from its external input connectors, even when you select HDMI as your video source.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Check the manual for your vid card. On some you use its setup software / drivers to select the audio source going out to the TV via the HDMI cable, because some cards have both a pass-thorhg option for audio from a different source, and their own internal audio output system.

Also check your TV's manual. Some have ways to set whether the audio comes from the HDMI cable or from its external input connectors, even when you select HDMI as your video source.

Solution

MERX2006

Distinguished
May 11, 2008

I intend to try your solution