Can't install windows 7 on new hard drive

KirkR

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
So, I have a 160GB seagate hard drive, and I have a 2TB Hitachi hard drive. Windows 7 is installed on my 160GB, and I want to migrate it to my 2TB. I've used Norton Ghost, Paragon OS migrate to SSD (works for HDD's), and I've just plain tried installing windows 7 clean onto the drive, but it doesn't want to. When I tried installing it clean from disk, it said something about the partition being a GTP partition style (or something like that). I'm really frustrated with this, could someone please help me? I don't know what other kind of information I should provide, so ask me if you need to know something and I'll do my best to answer. Thanks D:

Diskpart commands:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300415

Instead, during the install of win 7 you will come to a point where you can create/delete/format partitons. Delete all partitions, then create a new one. You don't need to format it. Install windows to the newly created partition.

Also, be sure that the only hard drive installed in the system is the one you want to put windows on. After installation, you can reattach the rest of your hard drives.