Laptop will not work off battery.

Hello,

I am working with a friend on resolving an issue. They have a IBM X20 laptop and if it is not plugged in it will not work. It does not work off the battery.
9 answers Last reply
More about laptop work battery
  1. Sounds like battery died.
  2. sounds like the battery can no longer hold a charge due to aging. basically, i agree with the above poster
  3. The specs say that laptop sports a 600MHz Pentium III, a 20GB hard drive, and Windows 2000, so I'd say it had a pretty good run if that battery is just now dying!!
  4. yep i agree
  5. Time for it to retire.
  6. I once had a battery completely die on me when the laptop itself was less than a year old. Something went wrong with the circus inside the battery. Replaced the battery and all was well.
  7. Well, as you can see from the other posts, a rechargeable battery does not last forever. It will eventually die. In addition, a bettery can stop working from too much overcharging too.
  8. JohnnyLucky said:
    Well, as you can see from the other posts, a rechargeable battery does not last forever. It will eventually die. In addition, a bettery can stop working from too much overcharging too.

why would a laptop overcharge itself? dont they have like extremely advanced charging systems?
  9. I do not know the technical reason. I read it in the battery charging section of an owners' manual. There was no explanation why the battery would deteriorate.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Laptops Battery IBM Components