Most quiet case fans of 2012?

Arteom

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Case fans continuously are introduced into the market with competitors calming they have the most quiet case fan.

I know this question has been asked before, but I was wondering as of today. Whats the absolutely quietest case fan (regardless of price) You have used?

I;m looking for... one
120mm Blue LED Fan (Intake)
one 140mm LED or Plain Fan (Exhaust)
one 120mm Fan (Exhaust)

I want to replace the fans that came stock in my case...

Thanks in advance!

Well, Noctua fans are universally accepted as pretty much the best of the "quiet" fans. Can't go wrong there. They're fugly as sin though with that maroon-beige color scheme.

Personally, the "quiet" fans I've used are:

Noiseblocker Multiframe and BlackSilentFan series
Enermax T.B. and cluster series
Scythe S-Flex series
Vanteq stealth series
Gelid TX series
Silverstone SUSCOOL series

Of the models I've listed, the ones I would not recommend are the Vanteq ones. Just horrible.

For the others, I've had to volt mod both the Noiseblockers and the Gelid fans to make them quiet to my ears but they were pretty good otherwise. The Silverstone's were good as is, but they have a built in thermistor to speed up and slow the fans so I don't think I've ever heard them at full blast.

My personal favorites of the bunch is the Enermax T.B. fans (and the clusters, but I don't think they make them anymore). They are relatively inexpensive, near silent, and the blades pop-out for easy cleaning. They have a batwing design that they claim helps boost airflow, but I can't verify that. They also come in 3-pin, 4-pin PWM, and LED versions.

Razec69

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011

Just wanted to ask how accurate are these "benchmarks"?

Nearly every fan I've looked up had very different "marks" for the airflow and noise levels. So I'm just wondering what I should go by.

I should go for the obvious Noctua fans, but jesus christopher reeves are they the ugliest things in the world.

I was going to buy some Gelid Win12 UV Blue, but with this other comment saying they aren't that silent, hopefully the guy is just anal about noise levels like most people, and they aren't that noisy.

They did get good ratings so I might stick to that. But just wanted to ask either from your personal opinion or from what you know is that site trust worthy?

Thanks!

dannoddd

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
I'd do Noctua, the chicken skin and poo brown is a status symbol, right?
That's what I tell myself at least.
They're really quiet and still push a lot of air. I have 7 S12.
I liked Red LED fans so I just got the NZXT sleeved LED kit for my case and it still looks lit.
Best of both worlds.