RAM help. Damaged I think?

korpexx

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
Hello,
Recently I installed a program that is supposed to dump old dlls from my ram. Soon as I enabled this option I started getting crashed programs and what not. So I disabled it and the same thing is still happening. Im wondering if my ram is now stuck in the dump cycle. I also did a regfix AND thought that might of been it and formatted the drive AND now I cannot install windows. Gives me an error 0x80070570 which apparently related too the ram. Also memtest says their is an error but doesnt tell me what. I have swapped, pulled, configured the ram in multiple ways and it all still fails. Updated my Bios, cleared my cmos and the only thing i can think to do now is replace the ram BUT its brand new. Patriot g series ddr3 1600 4g 2x2. Is there some king of software to check and repair this or no?

roonj

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
" Is there some kind of software to check....." "memtest says there is an error"
Do you need a test to test the memtest program or ?
Did you setup the memory correctly in bios to start with?
clockrate/timings/voltage according to what patriot says for that particular ram.
If so what were the exact settings it says to use?
Dlls are dynamic link libraries for software programs and not a function of ram, so I would have expected the system to crash if you removed them.