Emergency situation with newly bought motherboard :(

ilidiankid

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
Hi everyone, and thank you for taking a look at my post.
My English is not very good at describing hardware related stuff, so i'll try to make my issue as clear as possible and with pictures.
So this is the first time I assemble a desktop myself. When installing the motherboard, instead of putting standoffs into holes on the chassis --> put mobo on the standoffs --> fasten the screw through mobo hole into standoffs holes ; I put the mobo directly on the chassis, fastened standoffs ALONE through mobo holes and into the chassis holes, then fastened the screws to the standoffs. Yes, I messed up badly. When I realized that it's too late, now I have 2 standoffs ( i was able to take out the their corresponding screws) stuck through the mobo to the chassis AND they are in the case. I tried to take out the chassis, but the case is designed so that it's not possible. I tried to use a pliers to untwist the standoffs but they are too tight. Also, the standoffs almost do not stick out of the chassis. I'm also afraid that i might damage my mobo if I try too hard with the pliers :(
I am desperate, so please tell me what I can do. Here are some pictures of the situation. sorry it's blurry.
The 2 standoffs, front look

Back look, you can see that it almost doesn't stick anything out