Sign in with
Your question

OK , i kinda screwed up so help me:

Last response: in Windows XP
June 14, 2012 11:07:02 AM

Ok, i had xp when a friend of mine(with no knowledge about comp put a pendrive which had a rootkit) and ever since i am unable to remove em(nasty thing :fou:  ) and i thought rootkits cannot be really removed so i tried clean install of win 7.
But i had the driver problem you see.(no drivers found.....) so i put in g parted and deleted everything.(selected and hit delete) and that all , all gone. So i installed zorin on my sec harddisk(250 GB). and have done nothing with the 500GB hard disk.
Now my question is, how can i format the 500GB hard disk and 250 GB harddisk.i have a new copy on win 7 now.
so tell me.(trying to nuke the hard disk so as to remove it)!

More about : kinda screwed

June 14, 2012 5:28:06 PM

congrats on trying Linux. I had never heard of Zorin until your post but it looks like it helps new users transition from windows to linux. To answer your question, you dont need to nuke anything. all you need to do is boot off of the windows7 disc and during the installation process point it to your 500G drive to install. keep in mind when you do this it will clobber the grub bootloader and you will not be able to boot into Zorin again until you fix it. I also encourage you to try out Fedora 17 or Ubuntu 12.04 as well. Good luck!
m
l
June 16, 2012 2:41:53 AM

nhasian said:
congrats on trying Linux. I had never heard of Zorin until your post but it looks like it helps new users transition from windows to linux. To answer your question, you dont need to nuke anything. all you need to do is boot off of the windows7 disc and during the installation process point it to your 500G drive to install. keep in mind when you do this it will clobber the grub bootloader and you will not be able to boot into Zorin again until you fix it. I also encourage you to try out Fedora 17 or Ubuntu 12.04 as well. Good luck!

That is fine, but you see , i wanted to know, if i had or had not formatted my hard disk.i really have no idea(theres a rootkit in there!) and it hangs my zorin too. i installed the grub thing. So it said win would recognize it even when installed newly
m
l
!